PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.04 Patch]

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.04 Patch]

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Ps3 model 80gb fat

No mods

When I am playing multi players shuts down after one game and in story mode it shuts off after 10 min

Region east coast of Canada

Submitted crash numerous times

User name callison2213

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

I have a launch PS3 60GB and I'm located in the United Kingdom, been playing BO2 code BLES-01707 and it was playing fine until I reached the Afghanistan Mission (3rd or 4th mission?) where you ride on the horse through the desert with the natives and then it keeps shutting off right at the start of that mission just as you start defending the base from the russians.

My PS3 has shut down before whilst playing other games but we are talking maybe once every few months when I play every day, it does it near the same place every time in BO2. I don't know how you can release such a problematic game and happily take people's money when you can't guarantee that the game will even work.

I've wasted so much time already resetting my system, now I have to do you UAT for you because you were probably in such a rush to get the game out for Xmas or the release date being pushed on you that you didn't complete it properly yourselves.

This is BS, who's going to compensate me for my wasted time? Looking forward to a patch anyway.

Regards, Freddie

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Just made a video of what happens to me. Happens either right after I start moving or a minute later. I bought the game thinking I would be able to play the campaign while I get Internet in my home them this happens. (use phone internet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhc_vxk5fj0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

80GB fat ps3

w/ no modifications

it shuts down within a few minutes to an hour of game play - i only play multiplayer

Eastern US

I'm guessing I should just take this game back since there has been no acknowledgement about whether there will be a fix to this issue. Such a shame - I was really looking forward to playing it...

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Apparently everyone here have the fat model as it was noted before on this same thread. I'm going to test the game on my cousin's PS3 that is the new slim model and see if it works.

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

- What type of PS3 do you have.

Slim 120gb

- Any user modifications to your console.

None

- When and where does this happen.

While trying to download the Patch

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code.

New York City - BLUS31011

I start up the game, the update screen for 1.04 comes up, I hit "ok", the download screen comes up it never even starts to download the patch. It either shuts off, restarts or an error screen comes up.

Now that I've explained what's happening and my $59.99 game is sitting on a shelf collecting dust. What are we looking at timeline wise as to when this will be fixed.....again?

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

What type of PS3 do you have : 80gb 4usb CECHE01

Any user modifications to your console: No

When and where does this happen: Transition to home menu after intro video, if i skip the intro video it will shut down while transitioning to the menu. This also happens if i completely watch the intro video.

What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code:  Houston, TX. BLUS31011

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro
  • Original 80gb 4 port FAT PS3
  • No mods
  • My PS3 just turns off right when its gets to the main menu.. I havent even had the chance to set up the basic options such as birghtness, safety zone, etc. It simply just turns off and does 2 or 3 beeps cant remeber right now...It only does it with BO2..
  • Argentina  Ceche01

PLEASE TREYARCH MAKE A PATCH FOR THISS!! I BOUGHT YOUR GAME AND CANT EVEN PLAY IT, IM QUITE UPSET WITH THIS PURCHASE....

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

ps3 120giga

probleme d'arret sur la map drone

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

- What type of PS3 do you have.

a now inoperational CECHA01

- Any user modifications to your console.

No

- When and where does this happen.

(this might be HELPFUL) The very first time I played Online Multiiplayer Free-for-All on the Cargo Map, I didn't make it to halftime in a 20 min game (or past 10 mins in one game, I really wouldn't know since my PS3 won't power back on to play Free-for-All a second time). As I recall the signal left the TV, Bluetooth headsedset lost signal, Controller lost signal, I do not recall a beep, I did hear an audible clicking sound I never heard before from the PS3.

Turning off the power switch did not reset it, the eject button does not reset it and holding the power once appears to bring it to bring it to normal Idle/Off, and pressing it again powers it on, it then beeps after 1-2 seconds and powers off, process repeats. Using the eject button powers it on as well, but the PS3 no longer ejects the disc, it beeps and powers off.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code

Region 1

BLUS

Optional Information to Include

- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support [Yes or No]

No

- If you have encountered a prompt from the system and submitted a crash report to Sony. [Yes or No]

Yes

Other notes:

Reading some other posts, I cannot imagine the PS3 overheated, it was not on more than 30 mins, unobstructed in a 60 degree F room.

My device appears to be BRICKED, with the COD:BO2 software disc stuck in it. If you'd like to look at my PS3 I'd be more than happy to send it, simply please return a working PS3 with a COD:BO2 disk inside that doesn't crash the new one.

From the instructions, I noticed there was also a thread for freezing, which once out of three times, a Crash report to Sony appeared, and I sent it. I assume I was playing Domination or Ground War during those times. I will make a post there for those instances, now that I realize this is a known issue and there are threads about problems with the COD software amongst the community.

Message was edited by: MasterEnigma to add what map I was on

Level 1

Studios