Owner of Season Pass for PS3 Will not be getting DLC at the same time as XBOX? wth?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Owner of Season Pass for PS3 Will not be getting DLC at the same time as XBOX? wth?

So I just want to have this comfirmed but from what I'm hearing even though you have already prepayed for DLC ie. Season Pass for the PS3 version. The Xbox360 DLC will be availiable BEFORE PS3 Season pass holders? What the hell is that about, what was the point of pre paying MY HARD EARN MONEY for a Season Pass, if where just gonna get F* over anyways?

Level 1
9 REPLIES

Re: Owner of Season Pass for PS3 Will not be getting DLC at the same time as XBOX? wth?

in reply to Docmedic1

You must be new. Do a search next time there is tons of this on forums I'm sure of it. They even advertise first on xbox360. Although I do agree we should get it at the same time.

Level 9

Re: Owner of Season Pass for PS3 Will not be getting DLC at the same time as XBOX? wth?

in reply to Spaceboss

Yes, this is my first game that you could buy a "season pass" for future DLC's. I understand that Microsoft payed big bucks to get the DLC released first over the PS3. Which I normally would be cool with seeing how Activision didn't already have my money, but I thought the whole reasoning behind buying a "season pass" was so we could get the DLC first over those who haven't bought it. I sure as hell didn't buy it for Nuke Town.

Level 1

in reply to Docmedic1

MS has a contract with Acivisin where Xbox gets the dlc first, this is nothing new and has been this way for the past 3-4 CoD games if not probably all of them.

So no matter if you purchase the season pass, yes Xbox will still get the dlc first. that is the advantage of being an xbox player and paying for the service, little perks like this. Just like how ps3 has some games that are only ps3 titles.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

So no matter if you purchase the season pass, yes Xbox will still get the dlc first. that is the advantage of being an xbox player and paying for the service, little perks like this. Just like how ps3 has some games that are only ps3 titles.

Or Sony having a contract with EA with early access for Battlefield.

Level 31

in reply to Docmedic1

been like this forever. The more popular system gets the DLC first.

Level 2

in reply to Docmedic1

The Season Pass for Black Ops II DLC is nothing more than a single way to pay for future DLC and get a discount while doing it. They didn't advertise it to be a way to get it quicker.

The Season Pass isn't like Elite for MW3 to where if you purchased it you got the DLC before people who hadn't purchased it. Which was down right hard to keep up with.

Xbox has always gotten the DLC approximately a month before PS3 users. No big suprise.

Level 18

in reply to BornPatriot

Good explanation Xx67Customs. I was going to state the exact same thing. You just pre-paid for the DLC, not to get it early. Elite w/ MW3 did that, but not the new season pass.

Level 33

in reply to Docmedic1

Docmedic wrote:

So I just want to have this comfirmed but from what I'm hearing even though you have already prepayed for DLC ie. Season Pass for the PS3 version. The Xbox360 DLC will be availiable BEFORE PS3 Season pass holders? What the hell is that about, what was the point of pre paying MY HARD EARN MONEY for a Season Pass, if where just gonna get F* over anyways?

The timed exclusive Microsoft contract with Activision expired in 2012. Many were hoping they wouldn't renew the contract, but they did. I don't know if this is just a one year contract, or if it'll extend into the next-gen consoles.

Level 21

in reply to Docmedic1

Xbox always gets DLC before ps3 which is why it's better lol...think it has to do with Xbox being a pay to play type of thing

Level 2

Studios