Overpowered pistols?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Overpowered pistols?

in reply to the_eon

Im sorry man but, if people are getting beat at long ranges with pistols they suck. I can assure you ive never gotten beat by a pistol runner at long range

Level 7

in reply to Af739

I'm sure connection has something to do because I'm playing on a dorm connection but I can assure you that I'm a pretty good player

Level 4

in reply to SAINTMA2

ive been thinking that too. what it is though is the pistols aren't overpowered in general they've just nerfed the f*** out of everything else.

Level 5

in reply to SAINTMA2

pistols have always been a good tool in my books. they take some skill to use. they have they advantage of speed and disadvantage of manual firing and small clips.

Level 8

in reply to SAINTMA2

The only one that could use a SLIGHT nerf is the B2. The Kap is fine, and technically the TAC-45 is the best pistol just as the KSG is the best shotgun. Problem here is that when something that takes skill to do good with is used in a match and kills people, you have the victims coming here and discussing how to make the gun worse instead of how to make the game better.

Level 8

in reply to SAINTMA2

They are finally usefull.  If you got killed at medium range, he had to land like 5 shots in semi auto while you failed to land 4 with a full auto.

They are finally fun.

In BO1 I WANTED so bad to use a 1911 and have it viable when I needed it.  I'll take a viable tac-45

(I'm a 1911 fan)

Level 7

in reply to SAINTMA2

I run and gun with the MSMC and do pretty well with it in TDM, but I am finding that if you come across a guy that knows how to use the pistols he will beat me every time. It's just frickin embarrassing. I have started putting on as secondary since and am finding I can do a lot of damage with it and I haven't got that much practice yet.

People are saying they are not over powered but its the only secondary so far for me that I can get a 10 killstreak without much trouble...

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to SAINTMA2

SAINTMA2 wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks pistols are grossly overpowered in BO2?

I still think we should remove Bullets from our weapons becuase the true culprit to OP is the bullet!

Ban Bullets!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to SAINTMA2

when in close quaters shoulder to shoulder in the real world do you honestly think that an assault rifle is bulky and faster to used than a light weight single handed machine pistol ? Pistols have their use in the game but they certainly do not replace a rifle. If you want power use the executioner with long barrel for room clearance and 1 shot kills. But like most its useless at range. If there is any fault at all its down to the maps being to small. After all how can you get long shot awards with a sniper rifle  when the longest distance on a map is about 150meters ? (in the real world a pistol could and would still kill at that range) elmer keith used to drop game out to 450yards with his coltand custom iron sights lol. So just to establish that all the guns kill, its the rate of fire and accuracy at ranges that alters. Idealy what we need is larger better designed maps (instead of these stuipid tiny shotgun/smg maps) where all weapons have clear advantages of use and tactics can change acordingly to style of preferred gameplay. I.E you dont enter a sniper corrider with a smg and vice'a'versa. Battles would be fought within battles. Thinking about it what we really need is a modern makeover of COUNTERSTRIKE LOL. Bring back the good old days when you needed to earn money to buy the coolest most powerfull weapons. That also limited the amount of high power ordinace in play.

Level 1

Studios