Online play is horrible. Activision needs to rehire the guys from infinity ward and pay them what they deserve.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Online play is horrible. Activision needs to rehire the guys from infinity ward and pay them what they deserve.

I have been playing fps games for 15 years. Ive played on all systems online, lan link or just split screen same system and tv. I understand that online play will never be on par with lan. But I believe all things should get better with time. Call of duty online play is worse than ever. It clearly peaked at modern warfare 2 where yes you needed good internet to play but at least people who could play could be competitive and the better player normally won. Now I am punished for paying for high speed internet and being a loyal buyer of COD games. If lag comp isnt broke explain this. A buddy and I both play black ops 2. On tdm he has 300 score per minute, me 190. His kd 3.1 mine 1.4. Wait whenever we use to do lan link halo tournaments. I crushed this guy. So i went to his house and played black ops 2 on his system. Couldnt be stopped. I had a kd of 4 or higher getting 40 plus kills a match. So thank you activision/treyarch for making slow internet people thinks theyre good at your games.

Level 1
8 REPLIES

Re: Online play is horrible. Activision needs to rehire the guys from infinity ward and pay them what they deserve.

in reply to hardtaco

On top of that there's the trash talking some of these players do after the game when it was most lag helping them instead of actual skill. Seriously pisses me off.

Level 22

Re: Online play is horrible. Activision needs to rehire the guys from infinity ward and pay them what they deserve.

in reply to Raketti

I can't stand guys that that smack after the game thinking they're good, when they were just lagging through bullets all game long. I want to play them again when and if they fix the lag. 3 bar connections are always the top 3 kills. I join games where the whole lobby is <1.0 KD and I can't even go even it's crazy.

Level 13

in reply to Raketti

You can always mute them.

The WORST IMO are the douche bags that send you private messages....even after a match where I had a great k/d and was the leader on my team for caps (Headquarters) but we still lost. I play solo all the time and this just baffles me. Usually, I just write back a smart a$$ comment and block the player because I really don't want to play with people that are that immature. This is what CoD has become.

Level 48
Highlighted

in reply to hardtaco

Yep well atleast we will be able to buy a different game with the savings we make NOT buying the DLC map packs coming soon.....RAM them.

Level 12

in reply to hardtaco

Infinity ward still produces half of the COD games modern warfare up to the most Recent one (4), is an Infinity ward game using the coding that was created by the two guys from infinity ward who evidently left the company and started a new one. But this has been a consistent problem with trayarch games since World at War: server lag, hits not registering, to many hits registering and lack of security on the servers. trayarchs lag problems are 10x worse than infinity ward. honestly the only reason they use them is so they can pump out a game every year (by switching between trayarch and IW everyother) my theory is that the graphic code is sooo shitty ( as you can tell by lack of detail, obvious pixilation, and players often not even looking at you when they kill you) that it actually slows down and inhibits the rest of the game code from functioning properly. code is really only as strong as its weakest link. but this is all conjecture because im not a Comp scientist. they've always had these problems and never even look to fix them

Level 1

in reply to hardtaco

So thank you activision/treyarch for making slow internet people thinks theyre good at your games.

It's got very little to do with a players internet speed in Black Ops 2, the game runs bad for a lot of players regardless of Internet speeds.

Good internet does not equal a good player, players with "slow internet" can be really good players.

MW2 had massive host advantage, MW3 had massive host disadvantage. 

This game is undecided, I think matchmaking locations are the issue.

JW and VZ would never come back, but Respawn's next game will be interesting.

Level 20

in reply to WolfRidge

don't know what it is but I have a feeling its from the theater mode, ever since black ops when they added it lags been a big issue with these games and hosting.

Level 5

in reply to rednotch1

BO1 lagged for the first month for ma and after that, it ran fine. I think it all started with MW3 because just by looking and playing BO2, you can see the similarities between the two games.

Level 48

Studios