On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: On Probation? It may not be your fault, but stop being part of the problem

in reply to Doc_SoCal

That - I understand. It's based on your personal experience - and I'm sure there will be so many others that also have a similar experience talking with other gamers.

MN

Level 11
Highlighted

I can't stand people who pull the plug.  I was playing against a clan in hq and they all had negative kdrs and negative wlrs and when we got to 245 they pulled the plug right before we won.  I was getting kills near the end of the game and they were all counting down to when the host was going to pull the plug.

This is the stuff that makes me never want to play the game again.  Getting losses a second before we are going to win the game.  If the host quits give the winning team a win and the losing team a loss.

One of the reasons why I use low killstreaks (uav, cp, cuav) is because whenever a good killstreak is called in the other team quits.

Level 8

Let us not get too off track here... Robbie's post is excellent for pointing out serious issues with the game, causing people to quit (and even be kicked) and thus ending up on probation.

I think we can all agree: That is SOOOO wrong!

However... for the people who quit because:

- they wish to protect their KD

- allowed the opposite team to totally dominate them because they refused to play a bit more smart

- do not wish to be nuked/moabed (MW2/MW3)

- etc...

Stop adding to the problem.  You are increasing the odds that someone is going to join a failed match. Then both of you, and that person will quit only to have an increased chance of being put into another failed match... wash, rinse, and repeat.

That was the point of this thread. 

I am willing to bet that most of the forum users are a bit more intelligent and outspoken than the average gaming joe: We are vocal, know what we want and want a pleasant, fair and fun gaming experience.  This was not directed at you, nor was it to ignore the issues that we are all having (and most of us are downright frustrated and tired of it)

But I seriously question those who are identifying with those who do repeatedly rage quit; or those who cannot fundamentally understand the underlying spirit of this thread.  It is not that your comments are not welcome, as it is a great discussion... but seriously?

*wink*

Happy Gaming! (or at least try to)

Activision Ambassador

I should be allowed to quit a match early for any reason. Why would I continue playing a game that punishes me? This is absolutely ridiculous and I am now in search of a phone number or mailing address because I don't feel I have been heard on here.

Level 1

in reply to Natediggit_

You did not read this thread, did you Natediggit_?

Level 40

This is the icing on the cake, not only does my system keep crashing due to sketchy programming but just to rub salt into the would I may get put on probation because the game keeps crashing out! They must be having a laugh, surely?

Level 1

in reply to 5fresh

5fresh wrote:

This is the icing on the cake, not only does my system keep crashing due to sketchy programming but just to rub salt into the would I may get put on probation because the game keeps crashing out! They must be having a laugh, surely?

Probation is only for 5 minutes and it has to take just about that long for you to reset your PS3 and get back onto the game. So this is no big deal to you.

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

Dude, the probation doesn't start until you log onto multiplayer again, so its 5 mins to reset the ps3 and then they want to take another 5 minutes of my life! I think I'm heading down to game exchange tomorrow.

Level 1

I understand your point rl. I must point out to those that use the generalized term of "protecting their k/d". When you are playing a game that is based on shooting someone, when a game can be so dysfunctional that when you shoot at someone and it doesn't register or registers so late that you are killed after engaging first. What is the point of playing that same lobby?

There is no reason to punish yourself and/or team by constantly dying. Thus you might as well protect your k/d and the k/d of your entire ream and just leave.

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

I agree I generalized...  but I also did not only talk about those as well.  To be more general:

"Those who leave games simply for the fact they are losing, or not doing as well as they would like"

These people are only adding to the overall problem.

Activision Ambassador

Studios