Odd behavior with perks, anyone else noticing these issues

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Odd behavior with perks, anyone else noticing these issues

I've noticed that perks tend to randomly stop working for brief periods. Most notably Engineering isn't picking up any Tac-Inserts for me. I mean 0 TI 100% of the time. Even when I see the red glow in a window I cannot find them. Also, Ghost has been flaky. Tonight I was running under deck on Hijacked when a guy was running past the hatch. He stopped, turned around and ADS'd the hole waiting for me. I noticed a few other people complaining about how he always seemed to know where people were coming from with Ghost on.

I've always had my suspicions that perks weren't always reliable, but tonight and over the last few nights strange occurances have been going on. Also, lag has been at an all-time high as well as a few other odd things like the ambulance on Cargo being white and blue stripped. So I'm curious to know if anyone else has noticed anything

Level 75
35 REPLIES

Re: Odd behavior with perks, anyone else noticing these issues

in reply to Ghamorra

I've noticed this and asked MaTty but never got a response. It was months ago. Ghost most notably. 

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

I have about 5 things that happened today where my perks randomly stopped working. Got killed by a Stealth Chopper with Blind-Eye on, Cold-Blooded briefly showed my position which was enough to get me killed, and Scavenger stopped picking up packages when I was closing in on my first Nuclear (24 kills)

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I noticed this first happening with Black Ops, MW3... scavenger that is.

Level 59
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

I often notice when I kill someone with my gun, often no scav packs drop.  I think that has been reported by many

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

Yes. I have noticed something strange with ghost as well. I stopped using it back in December because it seemed like, the enemy knew where I was even though I was running. And I though of all the possibilities such as footsteps, my teammate coming up on the map next to me, the skull above a fallen team mate. But it was just happening way too often to be a coincidence.

I have my suspicions about engineer. Engineer is the only perk I use in tier 3, so I have a lot of experience with it. Sometimes I notice equipment doesn't not show up, but then I think to myself, "I'm just not paying attention" or something like that. I'm not positive about engineer not working but I have been paying very close attention to see, how reliable it is.

Lag has been fine for me. I would say 1 out of every 7-9 games there is lag. When I was playing with you the other night, there was a lot of lag but usually it clears up by the 2nd or 3rd game if i stay in the same lobby. If it doesn't I just leave the lobby.

Level 30

in reply to illstplaya2live

Add esmorgue when you get a chance...

@ ghamorra,  I'm sick of you and D getting off right before I get off work. Does my potty mouth hurt you guys sensitive ears?!?!

Level 59

No, we just tire out. Tonight we played for a good 5 hours

Level 75

I'll add him.

I don't think I have you added though. What's your psn?

Level 30

in reply to illstplaya2live

That is me...

Level 59

Studios