Obsessed about your K/D? What it does mean to be "good"!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Obsessed about your K/D? What it does mean to be "good"!

I'm definately just average at best for this game, but a really high kdr definately shows someone is skilled at killing lots of people. i defend the flags in DOM, but not usually B. i die way too many times when i go to the middle of these maps. its a FPS, i don't like dying lol i'm sorry, but its true. i have no problem defending or trying to capture the other flags though.

Level 1

so in since were on the subject of playing dom and team base.. my team and i play smart we take 2 flags and hold it its common sense.. we dont attack the 3rd flag because we do not want people to get behind us.

when we play dom we all hold a position down, yes that means camping our asses off at that location, hate me if u want, but in the competitive gaming world thats how its played. our experiences come from playing Socom 2, were its camp camp camp, the 3rd person view makes you more prone to being spotted. the whole point of my post is, if you want to win DOM you gotta play smart and not play reckless (rushing).

yes you need some form of skill to even camp, if one person lets 1 or 2 people by its gonna be tough to get that spot back, so definitly your team needs to have some skills.

most will disagree with me, and say were a bunch of "camping" fa.gs but its domination. the objective is to hold the flags down till you reach for the score limit.

now lets say we are not winning. 50/100 there is a 50% chance you can still win, but in most cases people panic and start doing stupid shi.t, its important to keep relax and work your way to the flag.

example: B flag Overflow the worst flag ever lol, most people would just rush for it. to me thats EASY kills. since i know there coming, distrupt the flow of the game, smoke grenades, emps, flash, concussion. i can guarantee thats a MIND F.UCK. to the other team. then make the rush to get B, 4 people on it can easily take it in 3 seconds  have the other 2 watching the sides, and or 5 other people locking down the sides and any choke points.

the main reason most people lose a domination match is cause i can bet 80% of the team is running high scorestreaks.

i actually hate running them now i use to run the typical swarm combo..

when you  can get  2 or 3 good guns running medium scorestreaks believe me its a CONSITANT way to keep the other team on edge.

the key to winning all the time is playing mind games with the enemy.. try to keep them going WDF WDF WDF WDF WDF what can we do..

my advice: Take away there scorestreaks and theres nothing they can do.

Level 3

in reply to JDM_PRO

I do not "hate" Teams like yours!

Camping in DOM can be a legal tactics. I don´t mind about those who try to defend their flags.

Our team has got an pretty high W/L - so that means: We can handle with any kind of Opponents!

If a camper is playing the objective, he´s not a problem finally.

Only campers who just camp for their K/D and Scorestreaks might become a slight problem.

I pretend: I sometimes leave those DOM-Matches of there are to many TDM-Players inside...

Rushing, anyway, does not mean "running blind" and "stupid" into the battle-zone!

If you are an experienced and quite skilled rusher, you know where to watch out for enemies - even for campers and defenders! They ain´t a problem, just easy targets - moist of the time!

If there are too many TDM´s inside - or Camper_Noobs, we win 200:20 or 200-50!

If there are "skilled", "organized" Clans, it might be equal, loss or a win on the edge....

I suppose we never have lost a DOM-Match with more than 20 points difference...

So, what do we talk about?

I think we have the same point of view: People not playing the objective in DOM are just bothering noobish Jerks being obsessed about their K/D!

Level 9

im glad we both can see the same picture here!

finally some one other than some stupid idiot teenager (no offence if your one) that goes campi.ng fags blah blah.

my typical response. its DOM get use to it, go play KC if u wanna run around looking stupid lol

i agree with the rushing part,but even then if your team is out of sync that can easily make or break losing a flag, so i always say to stay behind the border (dont go pass B) holding a position down, and certain people at certain spots can easily counter a rusher.

the only time i approve of one or two of our members rushing is at the early part of the game.. to get the quick advantage, usually the guys who run UAV.. the moment you got eyes on the enemy the easier it is to take a position.

from what ive learn the pass few years in COD and in Paintballing, is.. "Let them come to you" you know theres no one gonna be behind you, the only way is to come at you.

the biggest factor is calling out, im not saying we can all go 10-0 in dom if we play like that people die, but if some one dies we know to call out and give a QUICK i mean RAELLY quick shout where they are at and one person can easily engage the enemy.

Level 3

yesterday I met someone in the enemy team who got a VSAT,Dogs, and Swarm. I've never crossed paths we him so I guess he got the scorestreaks off my team, by the end of the match he went 103-4 with 0 captures and like 10 defends  The worst part for him is that he lost the match, I checked his combat record and he had a 2.54 KD, but his WL ratio was really low like .31. The next game he was again in the opposite team and  he was getting killed a lot, then before the 1st round was over he ragequit. I checked his games and he quits everytime he doesn't get his scoretreaks. These are the people that only care about their kd

Level 11

i only know my ratio is 1.25 because this thread prompted me to look. i kill lots of people while rushing, but i die a lot getting tags (i only play KC).

i don't care if i have a .80 or a 3.80. i still have fun and usually get more tags than kills.

Level 14

in reply to YO_MOM_IS_NEXT1

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT wrote:

i only know my ratio is 1.25 because this thread prompted me to look. i kill lots of people while rushing, but i die a lot getting tags (i only play KC).

i don't care if i have a .80 or a 3.80. i still have fun and usually get more tags than kills.

There's nothing quite like snatching up a bunch of tags from 3+ oncoming enemy who only get 1 tag for their trouble it's even better if you can suicide in certain death situations as you don't drop a tag and the C4, RPG or SMAW rocket normally takes out a member or two of the enemy.

As long as you collect more tags than you give up by dying then you'll always have a positive impact on your team. In the game of chess that is COD way to many act as if they're kings where a death is disaster rather than pawns who's smart sacrafice can change the flow of a round in an instant.

Edit: My personal point of view of what defines a "good" player is the ability to adapt to the enemy and play whatever style is needed also consistancy it's no good yo-yoing up and down the end of match leaderboards you need to be able to finish top 3 and sometimes in a bad room your KD may suffer but by switching up how you play you can always do well.

Level 21

First of all, there is little to no skill involved in any CoD game.

Second, Win/Loss and score per minute are a better indicator of so-called skill.

Third, its a video game. Nothing we do on these games matters. How about we talk about recent test scores, or paychecks? Hmmm?

Level 8

in reply to MysticJon1

my score per minute is around 250 which I think it's decent for kc (all I play). my w/l is horrible. I always go positive. I'm usually top 3 on my team. it's not my fault if the rest of my squad goes .24 k/d and we lose the match. How many times have I been tossed into a losing game with 30sec left? I lost count. I  think the w/l record is a horrible way to estimate how good someone is.

Level 14

Decent kdr (1.5< ), decent W/L ratio(at least 1.00??), and a high score per minute. If I think someone is good I usually check their combat record and scores across game modes(ground war).

A good example is one of my friends brags about(thinking he's better than me ) his just above 2.0 kdr but his scores per minute are considerably lower than mine in the 3 game modes. Especially kc, hel kill but in order to confirm he must leave his camp/hold down spot and thus never confirms

Level 1

Studios