Not buying any DLC unless you fix the lag!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: Not buying any DLC unless you fix the lag!

in reply to Highwayman0226

I'm not starting a rumor. I just posted.... "I got a email from CallofDuty", they sent it to me.

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

Yeah, re-reading my statement it looked like I was accusing you of starting a rumor.  My apologies, was just thinking about the entertainment value IF this was the case.

Level 29

in reply to Army_of_COD

Buying DLC maps is a dumb investment anyway.

From MW3 experience, already bad matchmaking on regular maps, got even worse on DLC, so most of the players were avoiding them. Finaly, they droped the price by 50% and I don't think it helped with the sales. Lag and matchmaking doesn't seem to be any better on BO2 so you can figure out.

On the other hand, as you're suffering from the lag disadvantage, there're players benefiting from it, so there still will be some sales.

Level 12

in reply to Army_of_COD

I guess treyarch could do something about the machmaking and lag by probably making servers similar to BF3 where you can pick maps instead of being kicked into one you don't like and into a team which is losing heavily (I got kicked into a 22-164 Dom match once with a Swarm, a lodestar and a K9 unit operating), so if they do that, they may lose their reputation of originality (copying) but they may be able to fix the 2 problems that many complains about.

Level 2

in reply to En1gma_C0d1ng

I'm thinking they would probably have to go with dedicated servers for this, which they won't.

Level 29

in reply to Army_of_COD

I bought the Season Pass yesterday and I don't regreat it one bit.

Why is that, you might ask?

Well, apart from the occasional console freezing (which I haven't had since patch 1.04 or so) the game is running flawlessly for me. I rarely encounter any major lag while playing online and I am having fun with the game so far. Plus I had the money to spend... so, why the hell not?

And from the trailers, the DLC maps are looking good so far imo. The MP maps at least... I don't play Zombies that much since I prefer Left 4 Dead 2 on the PC (way better zombies experience than CoD Zombies, apples and oranges really...)

No, the game isn't perfect (quite the opposite actually) and there's a few problems with the Multiplayer but I've found it to be pretty well balanced weapons wise and and overall a good experience online. The game is already miles better than Modern Warfare 3 and also a bit better than the original Black Ops where MP is concerned (just my opinion).

It's a shame to know that a lot of people were having problems recently...

Edit: P.S. - No, I am not an Activision/3ARC dev or worker..., I just felt that I should post something positive about Black Ops 2 for a change since this forum is getting quite "depressing" from all the "OMGZ, worst CoD ever!" kind of posts.

Message was edited by: UnRest

Level 4

in reply to UnRest

You must be uber lucky, mine freezes on specific maps most notably on Cargo and Carrier, this happened after a MP only version update (eg. 25.600.60 -> 25.601.64). My worst connection is only a 3 bar most of the time which isn't so bad and noticeable, once or twice is a 1 bar or 2 bar.

I also did not regret getting season pass as I wouldve gotten BF3's premium instead but seeing as how frequently I play it, I went ahead with SP instead.

Level 2

Studios