Yes I want to play Black Ops 2. See the new maps in action. Have fun in combat training and mess around with the bots. Play with a couple of (real life) friends and some others I dont even know but have been playing with for a while......
But they sell us an incomplete game for $60. It is missing Nuketown Zombies. And from the leaked footage that maps looks like its a lot of fun. We bought Nuketown already with BO1 now they are using it to blackmail us into buying the $80 special edition. Do you let people disrespect you like this? I dont.
I am not paying $20 for a map. And I am not buying an incomplete game. I have self-respect and value myself high. Next thing Activision is going to do is charge you 1$ for 100 bullets and probably many people will buy them.
I am not joining this club. I dont fall for the scarcity and marketing tricks of Activision.
It does require a lot of self-respect and discipline. Cos it would be easier to go in the store on monday or tuesday pay only $60 and enjoy the game. The new maps. Maybe even the zombie mode for a couple of hours. But by not buying this. I know I have overcome an addiction. I know I have avoided a company that ruthlessly scams people with scarcity and marketing lies. I know I have so much self-respect I can not buy this game. I avoid the short-term gain i would get from buying this. As I avoid short-term gain from eating fast food or watching TV instead of working out. I avoid everything thats bad for me and i am proud of it.
My long term gain from not buying Black Ops 2 is this: I respect myself. In business and in private life. This way I get only the best of things. I am rich and wealthy and I have amazing women always by my side and great friends.
So I am thankful Activision is selling an incomplete game. Enjoy it if you buy it. I am happy for getting the chance to say NO.
No to scarcity with pre-orders and special editions. No to fake marketing and lies. No to getting tricked.
Enjoy your week I will. This life is too short and too amazing to waste it with companies that dont repect you. I rather play real life and meet some new people outside, play beach volleyball and soccer with friends and have some great beach partys than being at home and playing this incomplete game. And before you troll my topic. Think of what you are worth to yourself? Where will you be in 5 years, in 10 years? Do you really want to play a game by a company that uses these tactics and would you also pay $1 for 1000 bullets? Cos thats where Activision is going right now. Charging for in-game items if you let them. Now dont think of me cos honestly I dont care for your opinion unless you proofed yourself in this life and made millions like me. Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself if you are proud of yourself. Thats what counts in life. Good luck.
Calm down. You're paying for the game, it is not incomplete. I didn't even read through that novel of yours, the Nuketown Zombies map will most likely be released as a later DLC, and should we really care if you buy the game or not? Also, I get the feeling that you're trying to troll, I don't believe that you're rich, or that you have women.
Should have pre ordered it then. Nuketown 2025 comes with the standard pre ordered edition too.
You get great deals in some places too, im paying £60 for the game (with nuketown 2025) and the season pass for all future dlc, think that works out around $80.
You still have time to pre order it :-)
Btw i didnt read your whole "novel" either
Great post, what these companies are trying to do is to create the "Haves and the Have nots" dividing their community into different levels.
I stopped falling for the hype after Black Ops ( multiplayer complete crap)
Not sure if I will buy BlackOps 2, I'm going to wait until launch just in case.
They've been selling intake content for years. They did it with Black Ops. I have no quarrels with them doing what they want with their merchandise. I just want the game to function as if they respected us. Good day.
if you dont buy it then your missing out although i agree with your pov.got the game friday its awesome
As someone already said... Nuketown 2025 (not the Zombies version) comes with the pre-order of the NORMAL edition. So, that's not ripping people off at all. And besides, you are not being ripped off if you don't buy Hardended / Carepackage anyway. It's just an added bonus. It's just a collector's edition.
With the exception of COD4, Black Ops was the only other COD i liked, so im hoping BO2 can rekindle what once was a great experience for me.
Although I don't 100% agree with the OP, I can understand the point he is trying to prove. Yes, Activision have been doing this for years and geting away with with it simply because us, the fans keep buying they're products without thinking of the consequences.
I don't agree with everything you stated, but I can see what you were trying to show and I respect you for that alone.
sgr8 wrote (in part):
1) Play with a couple of (real life) friends and some others I dont even know but have been playing with for a while......
2) I have self-respect and value myself high.
3) It does require a lot of self-respect and discipline.
4) by not buying this, I know I have overcome an addiction.
5) I know I have so much self-respect I can not buy this game. I avoid the short-term gain i would get from buying this. As I avoid short-term gain from eating fast food or watching TV instead of working out. I avoid everything thats bad for me and i am proud of it.
6) My long term gain from not buying Black Ops 2 is this: I respect myself. In business and in private life. This way I get only the best of things. I am rich and wealthy and I have amazing women always by my side and great friends.
7) Enjoy your week I will.
8) And before you troll my topic. Think of what you are worth to yourself? Where will you be in 5 years, in 10 years?
9) Now dont think of me cos honestly I dont care for your opinion unless you proofed yourself in this life and made millions like me.
10) Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself if you are proud of yourself.
1) Specifically the portion, "... been playing with for a while..." is completely contradicted by the statement, "As I avoid short term gain from eating fast food or watching TV instead of working out" in item #5. Not the best way to start a persuasive argument but hey, if it works for you...
2) "... and value myself high" Which you probably are
3) Much in life does, but one can't help but notice the emphasis you place on your personal self respect throughout your entire OP. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" comes readily to mind
4) Acknowledging you have an addiction is the first step in overcoming it. Kudos to you.
5) Mainly here to counter that portion of statement #1; as previously mentioned above
6) (a) Monopoly money doesn't count in the real world; btw, define the difference between rich and wealthy please
(b) carrying a folded up Playboy in your back pocket also doesn't count, and
(c) neither do the characters in your 3DS
7) Thank you
8) My self worth is incalculable. As far as where I (or anyone else for that matter) will be tomorrow, let alone 5 to 10 years from now, no one knows. If I'm alive, healthy, and able to, I'll be working, spending time with my family & friends, watching UEFA Champions League & MLB, reading, listening to jazz, and playing video games
9) I've proven that the old adage, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" is a lie. At 51 not only did I take on a job as an OJT electrician, I also bought and played my first FPS (MW3); regardless of its problems, I enjoyed the hell out of the game, and credit it with leading me to purchase Black Ops 2.
You've "proofed" that it's a good thing your personal self respect isn't tied to your knowledge of grammar, vocabulary and syntax; as far as your "millions" are concerned, again, see my 6(a) above
10) Either remove the word "if" or change the word "tell" to "ask" (see also, my item 9, paragraph 2 above)
So in summation: if you choose not to purchase the game, more power to you; each to his/her own. Your life and the lives of myself and others who do choose to buy/play the game; post on these forums, will be more the richer for your decision.
Remember, you can't have slaughter without the laughter.
Message was edited by: Wolf_Odinson