NAT type 1 but still strict!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

NAT type 1 but still strict!

Hey guys, so I opened up the DMZ on my router when I had black ops one, worked perfectly, made the NAT type : open. It even said I had an NAT type 1 on my internet connection settings.

Now that I got black ops 2, it says NAT type strict but when I check my internet connection settings, it still says that my NAT type is 1...so basically it shouldn't say it's "strict" when I play BO2 no?

Also, when I popped in Black Ops 1, it said NAT type strict as well :s it never said that before and it's really confusing the fuck out of me...

Help would be very much appreciated

*I have high speed and I'm connected wirelessly. I'm in Ontario (Canada) if that helps.

Level 1
3 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: NAT type 1 but still strict!

in reply to MurtezaAFG

I've never heard of having nat type1, unless you plug your ps3 directly to your modem (no router).

Despite DMZ I would still set static Ip for your ps3 and forward some ports (PSN & BO2)

Level 12

in reply to MurtezaAFG

I have had that happen on MW3, I rebooted modem (unplugged it from the wall, both cable and power) and PS3, when i started back up it was fine... worked for me gl

Level 3

in reply to MurtezaAFG

nat type 1 and 2 means how you connect 1 being modem no router 2 being router has nothing to do with connectivity in game you could still b e having a low dl speed and cause a strict nat type if you are wired to modem power cycle your modem try again.

Level 1

Studios