My ps3 slim 120gb broke due to a corruption caused by black ops 2

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

My ps3 slim 120gb broke due to a corruption caused by black ops 2

After various freezes and force shutting on my ps3 system, it has eventually now broke, it deleted all my files and when ever i turn it on it freezes. Before playing bo2 my ps3 was perfectly fine and i had never come across something like this. Thanks alot activision for breaking my ps3. If anyone knows some sort of solution or anything please tell me please.

Level 1
16 REPLIES

Re: My ps3 slim 120gb broke due to a corruption caused by black ops 2

in reply to Nme-ispider

Were sorry to hear that. Weve heard the same thing from several people. Hopefully you still have a warranty on your ps3. If you decide to buy a new one i would wait until they fix this problem. If mine breaks i will just wait until next year for the Orbis. Its a shame with all this freezing ruining peoples ps3's if i was treyarch or activision i would focus all my efforts to resolve this problem immediately...but it doesnt seem to be high on their priority list atm. They're probably busy checking banks to see who will give them the best interest rates on all that loot.

Level 8

in reply to Nme-ispider

After various freezes and force shutting on my ps3 system,

This alone tells me, its your fault!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Nme-ispider

hold doun ur power buton till it beeps twice and re set your files

Level 1

in reply to Nme-ispider

hold doun ur power buton till it beeps twice and re set your files u will get a list

Level 1

in reply to Nme-ispider

hold doun ur power buton till it beeps twice

Level 1

in reply to united1234

Ive tried doing this already but when it comes up to the place it freezes when i press x on the reset your files.

Level 1

in reply to Nme-ispider

Nme-ispider wrote:

After various freezes and force shutting on my ps3 system, it has eventually now broke, it deleted all my files and when ever i turn it on it freezes. Before playing bo2 my ps3 was perfectly fine and i had never come across something like this. Thanks alot activision for breaking my ps3. If anyone knows some sort of solution or anything please tell me please.

hold power boton till it bepes 2 times

Level 1

in reply to Nme-ispider

You know you guys always say hold down the power button I have had 4x times now where I'm holding down the button for at least a good 5 mins to have it sit and there and not shutoff.  I have had corrupted data 3 times from this also.  Not everyone that freezes can just hold the power button down and blamo ps3 shuts off and fixes itself. 

Level 7

in reply to LTSHiNySiDeZ1

Try not holding the power button to shut it off. Eject the disc, and if that doesn't take you back to the XMB, press the power button once. That should do it (although it may take a while, but that's just the console trying to minimise the damage from the crash/freeze).

Level 2

Studios