Mute all players instantly

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Mute all players instantly

Can anyone who owns Black Ops 2 for PS3 confirm this option exists? I remember David Vonderhaar tweeting about that. I'm just sick of kids yelling at me/using strong language and ruining my experience with the game. I know I can just mute players manually but that gets very annoying after a period of time and everytime someone joins after I have to check the scoreboard and hit mute again.

As silly as it may sound to you, but this ''feature'' will decide whether I am going to buy the game or not as I do not own a headset with seperate voice control and I don't plan on buying one because I generally play alone.

Thanks in advance!

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Mute all players instantly

in reply to hotdogguy123
Solution
‎12-11-2012 07:57 PM

Yes pressing square in lobby lets you mute all players not in your party

Level 14
8 REPLIES

in reply to hotdogguy123

Still no answer? It's really important to me.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to hotdogguy123
Solution
‎12-11-2012 07:57 PM

Yes pressing square in lobby lets you mute all players not in your party

Level 14

in reply to cookiedood

I already know that. I'm looking for a permanent solution. In MW3 you could just turn the voice volume all the way down in the menu and never had to worry about muting someone again. I know that Black Ops 2 is made by Treyarch but I think that feature is not to hard to implement. I've been waiting for this since Black Ops 1. Thanks anyway.

Level 1

in reply to hotdogguy123

go into audio settings and just disable input.

Level 17

in reply to josh1073

Huh?  I'd love to just mute everybody...when I mean everybody, I mean every match every person.  I don't want to have to hit the "mute all but party" each and every time I start a match.  I'd say 99% of people who have mikes are complete ass hats and I don't want to listen to them.  In MW3 you could do that, but turning the voice volume all the way down.  When you say "Disable Input" I don't see that in BO2. 

Level 1

in reply to hotdogguy123

YEA YOU CAN MUTE ALL IF YOU WANT I TRYED IT YESERDAY LOL AND IT WORK AND IF YOU WERE IN A PARTY YOU CAN MUTE ALL EXCEPTED YOUR FRIEND I THINK THAT KOOL

Level 1

in reply to hotdogguy123

Agreed, it is so annoying that you cannot mute ALL PLAYERS ALL THE TIME.

Please add this feature to an upcoming patch...

Level 1

in reply to red_tx

Wow - Just signed up to contribute to this thread.. where is the mute option?

I have read everything but still cant believe its not there.

The last time I was on all I could hear was some universally challenged young retard swearing non stop. Yes, I know I can manually mute these infestations but even a few seconds of him was intollerable and quite depressing that I have to share the same planet.

If ever anyone knows of one simple reason why they havent included this I would like to know. It is so obvious that its omission must have some purpose I think... not sure what..

Level 1

Studios