Most people will not reply to this post....

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Most people will not reply to this post....

rlbl wrote:

say, off-topic

Are you playing under a different gamertag now?

Yeah it's mach-50-monkey now I fired off a friend invite but I think you rejected it lol although I did read on another topic you get a lot of random invites.

I change it up every game although on this one when creamedmonkey couldn't connect to a server my new account could. BOPs 2 is a test of will power but it's worth it as there seems to be a gem of a game underneath all the issues.

Level 21

in reply to spankhiccup

Same here. KD now is horrible.

BTW, How do I know if Im host?

Level 6

in reply to blackOPSpoo

i know its the same old argument but MW1,WaW and MW2 wasnt as bad as B/Ops MW3 and B/Ops2... hands up who know's why lol

Level 12

in reply to LEGEND-SHIZ

theory (and just a theory):

- Not talking about numbers (i.e. people online), but it is possible that the game was not sold in as many places as it is now? (BFN)

- matchmaking? how is it possiblel that someone from Canada (like me) get thrown into a lobby with people from the UK.  The problem is not the quality of their internet service. That lobby is gonna seriously lag, even if we are both on 100u/100d with 10ms ping to our perspective local hosts.

Activision Ambassador

I have found that setting the connection option to "best", helps me deal with the lag ........its not perfect, but it does help,  the biggest downfall is the search times.......

I never played W@W or Mw1 or Mw2 online so i cant compare the lag issues......but compared to mw3 the option to pick the best connection  has helped some

Level 16

in reply to blackOPSpoo

Are you seriously suggesting that because you pay for superior Internet you should have an advantage?!? HAAAAA

The days of MW1, WAW, MW2 & BO's when you gained an advantage from your superior internet, hosting 9/10 games, are gone! haha

Connection is no longer King!

Since MW3 the devs have recognised that they needed to level the playing field! I think it's fair to say they may have gone a little too far, but the intention is sound! The harsh truth is for 99% of us playing MW3 the connection was PERFECT. I do recognise there were issues for those hosting, but they were OBVIOUSLY the HUGE minority!

This game is an issue for everyone, REGARDLESS OF INTERNET 'STRENGTH' we're all suffering because we're not playing others with the same connection standard as ourselves!

I have crap Internet and I am suffering terribly, but I'm not selfish and ignorant enough to think I am the only one suffering, or that its anyone else's fault other than the developers, stop trying to find someone else to blame, maybe you're just crap?!

I love you idiots that think you were good in previous COD's, when infact you have 5000mb broadband, haha, and I get such pleasure listening to you crying about it now you realise you're not as good as you thought you were, haha!

Level 6

in reply to N8thanAshley1

N8thanAshley wrote:

I have crap Internet and I am suffering terribly, but I'm not selfish and ignorant enough to think I am the only one suffering, or that its anyone else's fault other than the developers, stop trying to find someone else to blame, maybe you're just crap?!

I love you idiots that think you were good in previous COD's, when infact you have 5000mb broadband, haha, and I get such pleasure listening to you crying about it now you realise you're not as good as you thought you were, haha!

Exactly. I have a crappy connection also I'm seeing both sides of it just as everyone else. Just yesterday some guy ran through 30 rounds of my LSW and knifed me. A little while before that some guy started shooting at me first and i still won even though i shot really late. Everyone gets screwed at some point regardless of your connection. I would sorta rather have this then one guy running around with host and completely dominate everyone else.

Level 25

in reply to N8thanAshley1

But what you are saying is selfish.  You talk about the host being in the minority - this is true, but if the people with good connections stop playing - how long before you become host.

This is better than MW3 was, and probably on a par with BLOPS, we don't expect to get an advantage for having a good connection we expect it to be fair.  In 4 and WaW only the host got an advantage, so if you were getting hammered in that, and doing well now it's not everybody else that's crap it's you.

Level 5

in reply to blackOPSpoo

I am by no means trying to be a fan boy or call attention to another game, but I have played BF3, who use dedicated servers btw, since day one and have never experienced the LAG COMP atrocity that is going on in BO2! I like BO2, but it seems that post 1.03 patch hit this problem has escalated and is affecting quite a number of people, myself included.

My inet speed test yielded results of 4meg down and 1meg up which I know is not the best that is out there, but is still significantly fast. I will give them a chance to fix this LAG issue and if not then I will resort back to MW3 which works a whole lot better.

Level 1

in reply to Jayelee1980

I did great at mw3 even though i could never knife anyone first because of the lag comp which i hated..... But this is gone to another lvl prob be the last cod game i will get not good for the stress lvl anymore. The fun has been removed to benefit garbage internet muppets, with artificial lag Why Why Why.

Level 12

Studios