Momentum: Does this game give random advantage?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Momentum: Does this game give random advantage?

A good friend of mine and myself have brought this subject up a few times. Whenever I complain about how my skill level never stays the same, he always responds that "it's all random".

Seems like if COD did use a random momentum generator for people to get streaks, if you thought of the feature like aim assist, this game seems to have turned it up.

Level 20

in reply to SanAndreasPsych1

It is odd how it switches up ......when the same players are still in the game.......lag/lagcomp should find become more stable thus keeping things on a more even feild......

and i have wondered if Aim Assist was the engine that fueled the Momentum change......or at least controlled most of the change........I have noticed when the momentum changes i almost have to force my controller to stay on target if i have aim assist enabled......it wants to pull me off target to the right everytime.....never to the left

Level 16

Sometimes the Aim Assist works, sometimes i doesn't and sometimes i pushes you off target. It feels like the game is playing you, not you playing the game, its weird but that how it feels.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

FixBlops2 wrote:

It feels like the game is playing you, not you playing the game, its weird but that how it feels.

In Soviet Russia game plays you!

Level 23

I have held back on this topic for a while now but I will say that there is random advantage given and its called lag.

Level 7

Yeah, it was running fine for me over the weekend but last night it turned into 1 second behind fest for me. Why does it flip so damn easily?!?! It better not be coded into the programming. CoD will truly be dead if that's the "Nanny" route these programmers took.

Level 48

For whatever reason, there's no question that the lag comp will sometimes swing wildly from one side to another, but the majority of the time it's planted on the side of those with crap internet. Is nice on those rare occasions that it swings in favor of us with quality connections. The kills come so INCREDIBLY EASY that it almost feels like cheating. Use an SMG or a KAP 40 and your are pretty much invincible even with the tiniest bit of skill. Man, with the lag comp in your favor you can even tear it up with the M8A1, which is pretty much the weakest weapon in the game when lagging. 

Level 20

Studios