Matchmaking in EU better on PS3 than on 360?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Matchmaking in EU better on PS3 than on 360?

Hello PS3 community, i own both consoles and i usually play CoD on the 360 but the lag i get on the xbox is kinda gamebreaking to me. I was thinking that it could be the matchmaking and the fact that Xbox is more popular in the USA, PS3 more popular in europe, and since i live europe i thought the connection will "maybe" be better on PS3.

How is the connection for you people who live in europe on the PS3? do you experience the same thing as i do on the xbox? instant kills, people see me 1 second earlier and all that stuff?

I was thinking about switching from xbox to ps3 but i am not sure yet.

Level 24
7 REPLIES

Re: Matchmaking in EU better on PS3 than on 360?

in reply to FixBlops2

don't switch. Lag on ps3 is horrible i experience everything you describe and worse. I too live in europe, and since i believe CoD is written for Xbox and then ported to ps3 and pc i can't imagine it being any better on ps3

Level 7

in reply to zombie-papa

It can't be worse than on the xbox from my experience. This game seems to be FUBAR on all platforms.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

your having a laugh right?

Played the clan ops on Monday night... Every lobby was full off Yanks.. I live at the top off Scotland.. seriously.. how is that matchmaking me with the 'Best' connection.

I have friends all over the UK with Internet services from a broad range off providers.. each and every one off them has the same problem.

I wish they would just set the connection up so 'Best' locks the matchmaking to your home country and wont allow players from outside your country into that lobby regardless off if they are in a party or not.

Level 10

in reply to willfal

On the 360 i get matched with americans, canadians and japaneses and i am from europe, its ridicolous.

I've asked because honestly, i doubt it can be any worse than on the 360, xbox is really bad.

Level 24
Highlighted

in reply to FixBlops2

im from the uk and end up in lobbies of polish, finish, swedish, americans, italians with 120mb down and 10mb up settings set to best and all the time its lagging

b4 it was french and germans which is slightly closer seems im connecting further and further away with each patch/hotfix

Level 14

in reply to FixBlops2

im in england, and the guys i play with are, and none of us suffer from lag.

Just so you know, coming on here asking if its better on PS3 isn't gonna help you decide, there's very few people that come on here don't suffer lag, this place is for people to come and moan about every little thing, granted they've got issue's, but i feel there a minority, the 500K i see most nights on the PS3, would say to me that its a pretty good game on PS3.

What i suggest is borrow it from a friend or rent it and try it yourself, thats the only way your gonna know.

Level 9

in reply to GRIZZ11283

Good idea, thanks god this game doesn't have a online pass, thanks for the tip.

Level 24

Studios