Kill Confirm & Domination vs TDM

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Kill Confirm & Domination vs TDM

COD,

I am a huge TDM player (I mention that allot ) but this past weekend I decided to play allot more KC & Domination to try new things, to level up my weapons to get better at them.

Here is a quick breakdown of the pros / cons vs TDM

Pros:

- Weapon / player level up is much faster

- Engagements are much more in your face and fun

- KD is not what matters but how many captures / tags you earned

- You will be killed allot, this is good because it teaches you and you become better

Cons:

- Non-Objective playing team members, whom walk by the tag / flag and your left saying "WTH"

- Overwhelming scorestreak scenarios, the opposing team has played so well that every imaginable scorestreak is in the air

- You will die allot, now this is a good thing but it probably frustrates most who do not know how to take a loss

I do not write much about objective games, but I am growing to enjoy them more than TDM. the strategy, the effort is simply different and more rewarding.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
21 REPLIES

Re: Kill Confirm & Domination vs TDM

in reply to Izjar11

It's what drew me to them over TDM.  Granted TDM has it's own rewarding flavor but the Objective gamemodes offer a variety of twists and turns and a lot more action.  I've been trying out some different gamemodes myself and it's quite astonishing just how different each one can be.  I've found that certain perks/attachments which may be been useless to me before suddenly become staples in my loadouts depending on the game type.  It's a much more pronounced change than it was in previous titles and provides a fresh feel to the game in general.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

It's a much more pronounced change than it was in previous titles and provides a fresh feel to the game in general.

Yes, a very noticeable change in feel. I will go into other modes after I feel very comfortable playing these two.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Flak jacket and Tac Mask are very helpful in DOM.  Alternatively I also use Engineer and EMP grenades a lot.  Speed and surprise tends to win in KC.  So Extreme Conditioning and Ghost are both useful there.  Blind Eye is helpful in both.

Level 69

in reply to Izjar11

KC has always where its been at for me. I find way too many campers or K/D whores in TDM. There is no objective other then high kills/low deaths so I guess I prefer objective modes more. And as for the killwhores in KC, I don't mind. If they wanna do all the killing, I'll be more than happy to snap up their tag. More points and less work for me. Win/Win.

Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to h1r0l3r

For me its sort of the other way around I find more people waiting with their crosshairs ready on a flag or tag than TDM.

TDM is simple, and is less demanding (in my opinion) I run into good fun fights on occasion but these two objective based games offer better variety.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Always been a domination fanatic, until recently  Found myself capping the first flag and then just standing there.  Switched to Ground War for some variety and like it, other than no small maps.  So I switch between GW and Dom.

I do find I use the same perk setup for domination almost every map.  Flak, Scavenger and Engineer, with EMPs.  I have a few setups with some tweaks to that but generally they are the same.  I have a "quick and quiet" class for TDM and kill confirmed and literally never stop moving.  Domination is quite a different game to the other two.  I notice a lot of complaints about camping in domination, which I put down to players coming from TDM and not getting the concept that to defend a flag in Dom, you generally have to camp somewhere!  It is called domination and not "cap the flag and leave it for the enemy to take", although I think a lot of players think it is.  I'm not complaining, people can play how they want, just making an observation.

Level 38

in reply to Izjar11

all i play is KC. great game.

Level 14

in reply to Izjar11

I just started playing KC regularly in this game.  Didn't really play it more than a couple of hours overall in MW3.  I find that for the most part, there is a lot more action in this game mode and less camping.  The changes they've made to ghost have made me more of a rusher in this game, which in TDM does not always work out so well, but it seems to be pretty effective in KC.  The fact that you get 3x the XP that you get in TDM definetely motivates as well.

The only downside to KC is that once you go back to TDM, you'll find yourself running over dead bodies for tags that are non-existant, resulting in unnecassary deaths.  Damn I hate it when I do that!

Level 2

in reply to Vlaxos

Same here, only played KC ops in MW3, I just didn't like it.

I DO however seem to favor it now in BO2.  I use the SMR so most of my kills come at longer range so I don't get but half my tags,.. but still when I get into TDM, forever running over dead bodies getting myself killed.

Level 7

Studios