KDR and SPM

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: KDR and SPM

in reply to Garyfromscotlan

All of this is subjective to the game mode.

Level 20

in reply to iEXTERMINATED

2.33/310

Level 59

The best way to judge a player is by all 3 things K/D W/L and SPM you can't just cut one out and say it means nothing.

Level 12

in reply to get2dachoperrrr

ha the worst stat is usually the one that the haters will judge you by to boost themselves up

Level 15

This is a game, not life. People who need to judge by game stats, are over compensating for the fact they are not being judged fairly in life (because they are being put down, or have no life experience/skills to be judged by)

Sorry for the over simplification, as it does not apply to everyone. Just saying.

Activision Ambassador

I would want who ever helps me and the team the most that game, I don't care about someone's kdr or spm as long as they are helpful to the team and don't got 2-20 in a tdm and almost single handedly cost the team the game.

Level 14

in reply to Hells_Hawk

Yes but then how would u know who's gonna help and who's not without looking at his stats

Level 24

Score per minute is at best a "skewed" stat in Call of Duty. A player that plays mostly team death match will always have a lower score per minute than someone that plays an objective game mode like domination. If you were just to take score per minute into account an average objective player would appear to be better than an excellent team death match player.

In the next COD installment I hope the developers re consider how they dole out points in team death match. Your plus (kills) to minus (deaths) should be taken into account. For example, a player that goes 14-5 is plus 9 but a player that goes 16-18  that is -2 will get a higher score even though his aggregate performance actually hurt his team. My suggestion would be to award 100 points for every point positive a player goes - in this case the guy that went 14-5 would get a 900 point bonus. There's no need to deduct for negative performance, but the + performance should get a bonus. This would help keep the score you can earn per minute in team death match more in line with other objective game modes.

As it stands right now, score per minute is only useful to compare players in like game modes - it is not useful to compare players in general. Taking my stats for example - I have a 291 spm in domination with a 1.5x KDR, but I only have a 181 spm in team death match with a 2.07 KDR. My win ratio in team death match is 1.9x which is far better than my w/l ratio in domination - so even though my spm makes it look like I'm better at domination I'm in fact much better at team death match.

Level 10

in reply to brewcastleunite

This ^^ is a great idea

I just finished a match TDM, I went 19 kills & 2 deaths. I was third on my team, the people who were in front of me had 18 kills & 17 -16 deaths respectively. I just do not get it ~

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

were u running uav

btw i still have to add u

Level 24

Studios