KDR and SPM

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: KDR and SPM

in reply to iEXTERMINATED

I get what you mean about the noobs hurting W/L ratio. It seems to me that when i'm in a game lobby i never get put into a team with quality players. Therefore no matter how well i play, my W/L ratio suffers. I have a fairly good KD of 1.43, whether this is a determining factor or not, i don't know. It's like i just get thrown in with a bunch of noobs to balance things out while the other team have consistently average players. Whereas if i got put into the other team with the averagely good players they would be at an unfair advantage.. if this makes any sense? Anyway, rant over.

Level 1

I've noticed the inverse relationship of SPM - K/D ratio's. You can tell from the lobby leaderboard who's going to camp & who's going to rush around the map. I play TDM mostly and would rather have the higher SPM players on my team because I think it's more of a reflection to a person's activity lvl.

I've run into guys with 3 K/D & 200 SPM's and they just sit in the randomest corners and wait for people to run by.

My SPM is about 350 in TDM b/c I run UAV, C-UAV, & VSAT. If I put on higher streaks it would be way lower. TDM is broken in terms of score awarded anyone near or above a 300 SPM i would consider good & anyone below 250 would be either average at the game or a camper.

Level 13

in reply to Jaggajatt187

I'm sorry but I'm tired of people saying players with higher KDs don't reflect as well. If you read what you just said, you'll see IN YOUR OWN WORDS why they have such low SPMS.

" If I put on higher streaks it would be way lower.  "

That is why they have lover SPMS and higher KDs. Everyone knows that if you use higher streaks your KD will be better but your SPM won't be as good because it takes longer to get those high streaks! I'm pretty sure if they slapped on those streaks you're using, their SPMS would be MUCH higher seeing as they're high kd players --the lower streaks shouldn't be a problem! If you think about it, it all evens out.

People with high KDs: They tend to have lower SPMs because they like to use higher streaks. Higher streaks take longer to get. Therefore, their score per minute won't be as high. But they will have a lot of kills with low amounts of deaths.

People with high SPMs: Tend to have lower KDs because they a lot of them move quickly. As a result, they like to use lower killstreaks because they know the higher ones are harder to get. They are able to get more streaks in a game than the high KD player because they use lower streaks. More streaks called in = higher SPM usually.

And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see your SPM at 350 because all the streaks you use give you score additions for every kill a friendly gets. Bottom line is, I'd take both people with high KDs and/or high SPMs on my team any day! Hell, high anything is good to me.

On a side note (unrelated to you): I've also noticed how this user doesn't recieve any hate for having a high SPM and good K/D but the user in the other post talking about his 400 SPM, 2.9 kd and 1.9 w/l recives a TON of hate. Is it because this other user's incredibly good? I'm sensing a little jealousy from some people.

Level 3

in reply to HaiValPal

no ur wrong i use high ks and i still have a high spm ill tell u y they have such a lower spm cause they camp for them they wait for the enemy to come for them i use high streaks and have such a high spm cause i rush but i dont have suck ks cause i tend to play the onbjective and using shield and other weapons i didnt wanna use screwed up my kd

Level 24

in reply to HaiValPal

Well ya thats because your camping and using overpowered guns and perks to get thoes high killstreaks. Play TDM or FFA and i bet you suck and cant even get a hellstorm.

Level 1

in reply to Lieut_D-A-N

lmao ur list of op weapons include which ones so ill  tell u which ones i use

Level 24

in reply to Jaggajatt187

thought i kinda find it funny when a noob with 100 spm and 0.5 kd leads the entire team even if its once in a blue moon

Level 24

People with a high kd are probably camping near the objectives to farm players that actualy play it. Also kd means absolutly nothing if you cant will a game. Whats the point of even playing if you're just going to camp and frag your team down? 

Level 1

in reply to Lieut_D-A-N

hold up for a min here. if you say that "camping" near an objective is not playing the objective then you are deluded. for example i joined a game of dom last night, 20 seconds in and of course my team had capped the home flag. then we capped B. right, so when playing solo i never go for the trip cap, so i defended B and coming near the end of the 1st round i ran out and got a kill to leave me with my warthog. when the game finished we won by a good score and i had 14 defends and 4 caps. so how can that not be playing the objective? i hear losing B so i defend it. i dont care what anyone says but if you call defending a flag "camping" or not playing the objective then that is a ridiculous statement. no matter what anyone says it wont change my view on it either lol

Level 23

in reply to ladylucina1

CAMPER ALERT

lol i dont care if ur defending and killing ppl after u find them capping the flag but if u ads on the flag thats a different story like really

Level 24

Studios