K/D Means Nothing

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: K/D Means Nothing

in reply to skill_kill_uk

With all the connectivity issues, stats in this game are meaningless anyway.  One match you go 38-6, next game you got 11-19.  Same players, sometimes even same map. 

My opinion.  Real players hover between .75-1.25.  These are people that frequently suffer from lag issues, but stay in matches and try to win despite the obvious disadvantage.  They play the objective and aren't selfish players. 

Players with 1.25-2 Are likely the better players.  They suffer from the same issues, but are either a cut above (400 spm is a good indicater) or they play defensively because their KD matters to them.

Players above a 2 KD rarely suffer from any lag issues and always have the advantage over their opponents.  They are able to run high killstreaks because it's very easy for them to get the kills. 

These are just my opinions when I look at someone's KD.  Honestly, a 1:1 ratio is good goal in this lagfest.

Level 29

this community sugarcoats stuff too much, a good player wont ever let themself have a negative k/d. if u are negative, u are simply a bad player bottom line, whether u care or not that is on u. u cant be too productive if ur not winning ur gunfights and constantly respawning in any gamemode. not only are u constantly leaving ur team short a man but u are giving up streaks to match and that passes unnesesary deaths on to the rest your team. im not saying u need a 4 k/d to be a beast either, they are plenty of beasts out there hovering around the 1.20-1.30 k/d mark because they know how to rack up tons of score and stay alive or at least take somebody with them doing it.

Level 15

My k/d only means something to me. I don't know why people talk trash like that. That's an indicator for you to care about. Do I look at the lobby leaderborad before the match starts just to get a GENERAL view of the playing field? Sure, but you are right that it's not always a full proof way. The problem stems from 12 year olds playing a game they shouldn't be playing in the first place. The maturity factor.

Level 48

Only people that rages, complains, and time out when they are 8-7 care about K/D. Those are the same people who picks apart the game and say its trash because it doesn't suit their kind of play, and take the game way to seriously like their life depends on it if they don't get around a 4.00 KD every game. I honestly stopped caring about K/D back in MW3 when IW was going on a banning spree and banned me because this all 6 members of a clan reported me cause I kept being on top every game with randoms(we kept spanking them in Domination). I just say K/D proves nothing unless you like everyone else said plays TDM all the time or Kill Confirmed.

Level 1

u dnt get benned just like that, u must have been cheating or being offensive for a while.

Level 15
Highlighted

Dropping from 2.68 to 1.30 because of using different weapons is bullshit, unless you only had like 1000 kills lul

Level 8

You can't leave out lag. I had 1200 kills with a weapon and then started lagging every time played for a few weeks. During that time, I reached 1500 kills with that weapon and saw my accuracy drop fro 20% to 16%. So, I could assume that lag could also affect some one's K/D in similar way.

Level 12

All stats matter but you have to use them ALL to get a clear picture of a player.

People love to point out the best stat while standing in front of the worst to try and obscure it. The ONE stat that is best becomes the most important to protect fragile e-egos....

Level 22

in reply to Doc_SoCal

and the worst stat is used by haters to validate that they are better than that player lol

Level 15

Studios