Just me or has the sniper rifle ruined the experience in this game?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Just me or has the sniper rifle ruined the experience in this game?

In my opinion, the sniper rifle has ruined any of the fun that I was having with multiplayer. I joined a game yesterday that had 5 players running and gunning with their sniper rifles. I don't care to play golden guns when I don't seem to have the bullets to counteract their magic bullets. I wish Treyarch would take no scoping out (Dead Horse, I know) and make the snipers more realistic. Anybody else ran into the squadron of teams that only have snipers on them? I haven't been on the forums in a long time, so if there is a forum for this stuff, let me know.

Thanks,

Crazer54

Level 1
19 REPLIES

Re: Just me or has the sniper rifle ruined the experience in this game?

in reply to Crazer54

I wouldnt say Snipers ruined the game

I have been in a few matches where the other team was mainly snipers (4 out of 6) and maybe a game or two with more than 4

unless they are working together and covering each others backs ..i dont have much of a problem with dealing with several snipers on most maps ........Turbine is probally the hardest map for to deal with when i encounter teams of snipers

I do wish Snipers could play as a Sniper should ......staying hidden  and not be forced to always be on the move ......

Level 16

in reply to Crazer54

Im not a sniper fan but you have to try it its not easy to do.We have rune in to it in a few rounds Thats when I go to scorpoin or pdw and run and gun.Remeber every one has a diffrent play style not all are liked like some times my team will run rockets only oh man ppl get mad.

Level 2

in reply to Crazer54

Crazer54 wrote:

In my opinion, the sniper rifle has ruined any of the fun that I was having with multiplayer. I joined a game yesterday that had 5 players running and gunning with their sniper rifles. I don't care to play golden guns when I don't seem to have the bullets to counteract their magic bullets. I wish Treyarch would take no scoping out (Dead Horse, I know) and make the snipers more realistic. Anybody else ran into the squadron of teams that only have snipers on them? I haven't been on the forums in a long time, so if there is a forum for this stuff, let me know.

Thanks,

Crazer54

Ruined nothing. Your failed counter is exactly that a failed lesson as to what not to do. Yes, I have ran into them I figure a way to outflank them.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Taking the sniper rifles a step backwards to allow quickscoping, and in turn stopping the actual (virtual) proper way to snipe did indeed ruin the game for me, amongst many other issues. If a player is good at quickscoping or a full team are, then they can be very difficult to beat. Quickscoping is just a load of bullsh!t that should never have been ressurected.

Level 10

in reply to Crazer54

I would say quickscoping is abusing the one hit kill power of the sniper rifles which indeed is retarded, only way for me to kill them is to dropshot, noobish move, I know, but I have no other tactics against them. If Treyarch could increase the ADS in-time, that would definitely make QSing a lot more harder. TBH, I love to play against a whole team of quickscopers, most of them have mics so whenever I dropshot them, I love to hear them say: "What THE HELL".

Level 2

in reply to En1gma_C0d1ng

I will agree with you 100% I used to drop shot on quick scoopers all the time love to hear them complain like little babies. As someone who has used most rifles with scopes on them in the field I am telling you quick scoping is impossible in real life I've used everything from the 8 mm German sniper rifle to a Remington  270. And quick scoping is not an option but dropping to the ground when someone shoots it you is a most natural thing in the world to why these will snipers complain about it I can't figure that out you do some natural and you're wrong they do some that's impossible because it's a videogame and they think they're great. Only in America that it's not true as there are morons all over the planet.

Level 1

in reply to Crazer54

I wouldn't go as far to say that it ruined the game. I am disappointed that I can't consistently find matches to snipe like a real sniper in. The quickscoping in this game is unreasonable though. I'm seeing more WTF moments with QSers than I have in any other CoD.

Level 75

in reply to Crazer54

I thought 3arc did a good job with snipers in this game. There is no slight of hand pro or quickdraw, aim assist doesn't kick in until you are fully scoped in and the actual weapon balance seems pretty decent.

Level 23

in reply to Crazer54

And how often do you see these guys at the top of the charts winning matches? Hardly ever... It's always the guys running and gunning with PDWs... etc. Stop being mad because you died once or twice and let someone with a sniper rifle get the jump on you.

Level 4

Studios