It is crucial that DLC multiplayer maps are bigger and more varied

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

It is crucial that DLC multiplayer maps are bigger and more varied

The maps for BOII have taken a leaf out of MW3's book of being tight and small. Yes, they are better and more thought out but for some reason the genius of former Treyarch maps and the classic status of early MW-series maps has been abandoned to the detriment of gaming.

Bigger maps does not equal slower game, it can allow for a game to be slower, but it doesn't force that. Gaming style determines game speed and in BOII very few gaming styles but "hectic" are supported.

Variation of maps is about openess, levels and shape, not just corners and angles.

Size variety and style variety did exist:

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Maps

Personal choice of some examples of scope or variety:

MW: PIPELINE, OVERGROWN, BROADCAST

WAW: SEE-LOW, KNEE DEEP, REVOLUTION, BATTERY, OUTSKIRTS, SUB PENS, HANGAR, AIRFIELD

MW2: DERAIL, FUEL, RUNDOWN, ESTATE, WASTELAND

BO: JUNGLE, BERLIN WALL, FIRING RANGE

MW3: FALLEN

Level 34
5 REPLIES

Re: It is crucial that DLC multiplayer maps are bigger and more varied

in reply to RobbieRocket

Some good ideas again R' hopefully the game designers listen (but in my opinion) they already have the maps ready to go and we can only hope they are open. One thing that I do not want is for them to wait the last moment to release the best maps such as what happened in Mw3. 

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to RobbieRocket

Yeah I agree.
Why the dev's have decided that everyone wants small maps is beyond me.

Yes I do like the odd game on small maps but I enjoy the bigger ones more.

Array was actually one of my favourites on the first black ops and I also think that the spawns are much much better on larger maps.

Level 1

in reply to RobbieRocket

One option I would like to see is the current maps we have expanded. You know the parts of maps when you look over the fence and see more. They should open up those fences, move those barriers and walls so we can explore more. I think that would be cool.

Level 13

in reply to BuddyVA

But, I have to ask, why do you want to spend your game "exploring"? Surely the point of some of these games is a good old battle?

Some of the big maps are silly because you can wander about for ages without seeing any action. Could do that on the one player game.

Dare I say it... Bring back Shipment!

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to RobbieRocket

Your are talking about next maps when the game is impossible to play with this lag comp crap played for a few hours today spend more time screaming at tv getting dropped in one on one bullshyt...... No more maps no more games your finished...  Everyone now camps and snipes thats it only way to get kill no more fair battle total sham.

Level 12

Studios