Is the stereotype about the CoD community true?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Is the stereotype about the CoD community true?

in reply to BARBED_WIRE

Have you seen the episode of South Park where they tell the biker gang they're fags. It's not because they're gay, it's just the new meaning the word has now. It's an basically an insult with in and of itself. It's not attached to a true meaning. I think they even explain how the word fag has been evolving and taking different meanings as the centuries go by

In short the community will throw anything at you if they feel it's insulting. Look at how the term "camper" is used

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

Bwahahaha ..... so true.

Just be yourself and be happy

Level 31

in reply to BARBED_WIRE

Here a word of advice from the Gen. of PS3 Confederate States (esmorgue and me) stop seeking attention. Love thy self.

esmorgue

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

Well put bro. Fu*k what others think and get on with it.

Level 6

in reply to L J One

ljone wrote:

Well put bro. Fu*k what others think and get on with it.

How you been lj? Rarely see you here anymore. Aren't you in LaW?

Level 59
Highlighted

in reply to BARBED_WIRE

BARBED_WIRE wrote:

So in short, my question is. Is the stereotype about CoD players being homophobic gay bashers true?

This is not so much a COD community response to homosexuality, but the way most people raise there children. To abolish the idea that being different is bad, to say its against God, to say this and that. This simply manifests through online anonymity.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to BARBED_WIRE

I dont think anyone really cares if you are black, white, hispanic, gay, straight, rich, poor. People just get mad when they get beat. As many have said before.....just play.

Level 4

in reply to BARBED_WIRE

I could care less about your sexuality and I agree with the overall sentement that any gaybashing online is more indicitive of a limited vocabulary and maturity level than any actual homophopia.

In a nutshell, the simple minded, being all they can be...

Now short people.... oh man don't get me started... 

Level 22

in reply to BARBED_WIRE

I'll have no clue - I don't *ever* listen to anyone on the lobby. I have Tritton headsets & it gives me the ability to simply tone down other players voices. Even otherwise, there's the option to Mute all.

99% of the games - there's hardly any worthy information being communicated by players [this is based on personal game-play experience before I purchased the Trittons].

NOTE: If I'm in a party, then I have my headsets tuned-up to listen to whay my party has to say.

And, anyway, why would I give 2 hoots what anyone else has to say about me - my skin color is brown & even a few decades ago the USA had stringent immigration policies that forbid my ancestors from immigrating here. So much for the land of the free, eh.

MN

Level 11

Studios