Is the new Ray Gun a little too OP?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: Is the new Ray Gun a little too OP?

in reply to redx165

Nope, they are just making it a little easier for people who aren't amazing at the game to stay in longer and have a better time. It's not going to ruin your leaderboards with "noobs" getting rounds higher than you so I would let it go and not call it OP. I'm happy that zombies finally has some weapons that can put in damage after the 40's and 50's. Using traps is too easy in most cases and guns don't even work anymore.

Level 18

in reply to redx165

Yes, and I'm ok with that.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to redx165

No.  The zombie fourm is turning into the mutiplayer fourm.

"What is op? "Is this OP? "This gun is OP in zombies!!! "Patch or take it out!!!"

Level 17

in reply to redx165

It may be a little OP when compared to the original Raygun, but it seemed to be much more difficult to obtain, so if this is how it is going to be when we eventually get it in the box permenantly, that would explain it's tremendous power.

We will know for sure upon release, and I think it WILL be just as difficult to obtain it, so it makes it worth the effort in chasing it down. Would also explain the bank being in more than one map too.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

It may not be that difficult when the DLC drops, I was just playing offline and I got it in my third box hit

Level 15

in reply to Yankeephil

what map did you get it

Level 31

in reply to Yankeephil

Yeah, I have seen several people on here and Twitter claiming to get it within a few spins offline, but then again, a few others have claimed it was IMPOSSIBLE to get it, so mixed reviews still.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

i got it first time in die rise a few times 1 game after each other the third game not till like round 28 lol! so yep its not always the easiest to get in rotation and it didnt even cycle in the rotation it just popped up not sure if it was a glitch but sure seemed like it showing up popping up out the box

Level 7

in reply to slayerofzombs

Yeah, I literally spent 400k+ trying to chase it down yesterday, and failed miserably.

Guess I will have to wait till Tuesday to see if the rotation is still as difficult or not. I certainly hope not, but it would explain the feeling people have of it being OP.

God, my kid got it yesterday on his 4th or 5th spin of the box on Die Rise, and he doesn't even play zombies much!?!

Level 53

in reply to slayerofzombs

my mates i was playing with yesterday on die rise claimed to have seen it in rotation and i think i may have seen it for a split fraction before the sliquifier but we never got it

Level 31

Studios