Is TDM the purest form of Call of Duty

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: Is TDM the purest form of Call of Duty

in reply to FreindlyCoDPlay

FreindlyCoDPlayer wrote:

I think TDM is the second purest form, FFA being the purest.

Yes, FFA is the ultimate version of this game, no team, no forgiveness. I agree (totally forgot) about FFA.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I don't blame you for forgetting, it's not a very popular game mode

Level 9

in reply to FreindlyCoDPlay

Too many boosters and AFK players for my taste, as well as the horrible spawns (I think FFA has the wrost). I start the match out between two people who know where I am and know there's only two directions I can go

Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Otherwise yes, but it's too easy to work the spawns in some of the maps when playing FFA, which in my opinion takes away from the skill that is needed.

Level 22

in reply to Ghamorra

I cant stand tdm but would have to say that without a doubt it is the most pure form.  Wouldnt Barebones tdm be even more pure?  No streaks only guns and equipment.

Level 23

in reply to Ghamorra

Leaving out special barebones games (a barebones TDM game mode would be the "purest")

I would say FFA is:

- you can only depend on you

- nobody to mess you up, or help you

- if you win.. YOU won it and not your team

second to that, TDM (HC especially).

Having said that, I barely play TDM (or SnD) because I am more into winning games than strictly looking to "improve" my KD.  I know this does not apply to everyone, but I just cannot stand games where people do not "have" to leave their spawns to win*

A good game of TDM (HC or CORE) is always fun... the problem (for me) is good games where most players on both teams are playing well are often hard to come by.  I guess I just get frustrated...

* I am in no way suggesting that people have to run around (or not camp)... I always believe a team of a mixed bag of defensive and offensive players is good in any game mode.  But I get frustrated when I run into a team where they are all playing too defensively (conversely I hate getting put on a team where I am the only one willing to move forward)... again, this is just me.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

Agree and its all I play since the 6yr olds took over the game and never went for the objective. TDM is a pure cruel world where your thrown into a ethnic mixing bowl and fight for your life.

Level 17

in reply to Ghamorra

I just often wish the score limit was longer. Sometimes 75 comes around too quick! I wish there was a long game mode so you could feel like a proper mini war going on.

Level 3

in reply to danbolton89

Oh, you mean like in Battlefield

Level 10

in reply to akilleez86

Battlefield is the most unnatural feeling game I've ever played

Level 75

Studios