Is TDM the purest form of Call of Duty

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Is TDM the purest form of Call of Duty

A great wise man told this to me. TDM is Call of Duty in its most natural form. Streaks are hard to earn, the game is almost entirely gun on gun battles and the points you earn to go towards Streaks should not be changed at all because it would ruin the sanctity of the gamemode

Agree or Disagree?

Level 75
24 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Is TDM the purest form of Call of Duty

in reply to Ghamorra

AGREE!

TDM is the purest, simplest, most difficult to (earn hard high scorestreaks) gamemode.

TDM (to me) is the perfect (first) game mode that one should master to play other modes better. HCTDM is another beast, more demanding, less forgiving than core.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

If the higher streaks weren't so effective then I'd argue against the way it is; however, they are very effective and even a streak as simple as a Lighting Strike (7.5 kills) will often net you a double or a quad which is comparable to what the attack helicopter would do at 7 kills if it didn't get shot down right away.  If the streaks were easier to get then TDM would lose a lot of it's strategic appeal.  Maybe the UAV shouldn't have been raised for TDM but other than that I'd say that the balance is a little more difficult than in previous titles but still a pretty decent one.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

The fact that scorestreaks (high) ones are rare is why I enjoy TDM (core). Its a challenge to avoid death!

G' wrote about it and its true, avoiding death in a game mode like TDM takes practice and creativity. Then again, there's is a counter to that as well ~ counter playing.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to phxs72

This was my exact argument in another which insipred this OP. My SWARMs can get me 10 kills on the regular. In KC I get SWARMs and Dogs twice in a match and they alone earn me as many as 30 kills on a bad day. Imagine how much of an impact that would be in a mode like TDM. Half your objective score is acheive by Streaks alone

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Agree.

I love HCTDM. Hardly anyone can manage to get anything over Stealth Chopper.

Level 4

in reply to Ghamorra

Another thing... in HCTDM, a lot of the time it seems like I'm back in 2007 with the original CoD4 community. Absolute bliss.

Level 4

in reply to llewellyn237v2

since they took out the spawn delay, HCTDM is much improved as people are not as afraid to be a bit more aggressive (when it makes sense to be)

Activision Ambassador

This might be the reason that BO2 has been the first CoD where i have actually enjoyed playing HC occasionally.

Level 22

in reply to Ghamorra

I think TDM is the second purest form, FFA being the purest.

Streaks are just as hard to earn, it's just as much gun on gun and most importantly there is no team aspect.

I agree score shouldn't be touched in TDM. The only feasible change is making the score limit 100 instead of 75

Level 9

Studios