Is League Play officially dead?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Is League Play officially dead?

Agreed. If it had it's own set of challenges and calling cards people would probably be a lot more inclined to play!

They would obviously need to resolve some of the fundamental problems that plague the game as well before anyone would take it too seriously.

Unfortunately it seems that Vahn only listens to and communicates with the 1% of competative players anyway!

Level 2

Very true me old matey, they are dropping COD from the ACL, SEACL programs.

KILLZONE3 "OPERATIONS mode" is what all the sponsors want now as well as all the fans that watch the competitions on the TV in the Southern Hemisphere

Level 31
Highlighted

I would expect that it might get an uptick in interest once people have finished leveling up their guns.  It will be something different to do.  Other than the alure of increased competition there really isn't anything in League Play to draw the average CoD player.

Level 69

I agree there is really nothing to draw you to it. For it to work as i think it was intended you would need to play with the same players over and over again and everyone would need mics. Hosting tournaments is one thing but what do people get for it. Put a trophy display case for me to acquire and show off accomplishments and rankings in game and you may get me a little more interested. As of now i have no measure of my accomplishments. I got to rank 17 in preseason once. Where did that put me in the community of millions of players. I didn't play for a week and dropped to 30.

Level 4

In my opinion the ranking system is S**T!

Lets look at the way it is set up:

• 5x Ranking matches
  • Define what level player is
  • Place in correct league
  • Depending on players performance promote/relegate them during the 1 month season
  • Rinse and repeat!

Lets look at how this should work

• 5x Ranking matches
  • Define what level player is
  • Place in correct league
  • Depending on players performance promote/relegate them at the end of the 1 month season
  • No need to repeat, player then earns his place at the best level he/she can!

Why on earth should we have to play placement games every month, surely the league system has already defined what level player you are. This in my opinion would work much better (just as fifa 13 seasons works).

I would also love to get into the league play with my clan but the way the team system works is also wrong. If I enter the league with 3 of my clan but then it turns out that one member isn't online but we still want to compete we have to re-do the ranking as a seperate team. It should allow you to enter all of your clan in your team but then play using only 4, think of it as using a substitute player like a football (soccer for you guys in the US) team would.

Finally there needs to be more rewards for playing in league play, there are many in public and this is another reason why people stay in public matches.

Level 9

in reply to crosby85

Just thought i'd check out PS3 section, but yeah, it's the same for Xbox, i went in a match last night and there is hardly anyone playing it.

Level 1

I dont think its ever been alive lol

Level 22

Studios