Is Black Ops 2 that bad, or are you/we just burnt out on COD in general?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Is Black Ops 2 that bad, or are you/we just burnt out on COD in general?

in reply to dubhicks

i have hated cod ever since bops. im a big battlefield fan because of its large games and maps and it is much more realistic. i refused to play mw3. i decided to try bops2 to give it a chance. after playing the first campaign mission i thought it was going to be a good campaign with a good, original story but it wasn't. treyarch tried and improved the campaign by adding more options and less of the rigid you have to do this and that so i applaud them for that. Multiplayer is by far the worst it has ever been. when i played bf3 there were very few times where i would actually get mad but in bops2 i cant go a round without wanting to throw a controller. the lag is terrible and the hit detection seems like hellen keller designed it. i dont like a single map because they are all too small and i always get killed from behind. ive been spawn killed more times than actually trying to kill somebody else. bullet penetration is ridiculous. for example i was killed and a sniper on the other team was unloading on a guy, as is normal in cod, on my team. i respawned behind the guy that was getting shot at and only one bullet penetrated two walls and killed me. It is impossible to kill more than one guy if they are in front of you. and it seems like whenever i use a shotgun mine takes at least 2 shots to kill somebody even if im 2 feet away while everybody else can practically shoot me from across the map and kill me with one shot when using a shotgun. some scorestreaks are retarded and ridiculous like the stupid fan that kills you by blowing air at you or whatever it does.

cod needs to not release a game next year and fix the many problems it has and make a better, more realistic campaign. then once all this is fixed release a good all around game that is more like cod4 with only a few choices for killstreaks so that way there arent any ridiculous ones as well as have better guns

Level 1

in reply to dubhicks

I wouldn't care less if i was burnt out on the game, i would not be on the forums. I would just sell the game and be done with it.  I miss being able to play with my buddies, but things will get broken if i play with this much lag!

Level 1

in reply to dubhicks

If cod4 still had support and players I would still be on it.

Level 1

in reply to EssenceofRed

yup MW has been best of the bunch.

Level 27

in reply to dubhicks

Already getting bored of it, they should start payin US to play these games lol

Level 1

in reply to dubhicks

As someone who sat out mw3 because I knew what it was gonna be (and bf3 was just that much more fun), and even swore off COD because I knew what the series degraded to, I went I to BO2 with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised at how solid it was. All the pieces are there and for the first few days things were fine and I could see the big picture. Then the lag hit.

I have my qualms with the game but if the lag issue weren't there I'd say this is the best COD since 4.

Level 2

in reply to dubhicks

First CoD I played was 2 but first MP was CoD4 a month after it's initial release. (Commercials looked awesome had to buy it.)  As for being burned out I don't think so, I liked this games campaign a lot but really I'm sick of this lag compensation. It's my only real gripe with this game. It's unreal at how bad it is in this game. I've never played an online shooter that was this messed up. I've had problems with MW3's lag compensation from time to time but they never appeared to be as bad as this call of duty. I could go from game to game in black ops 2 and quit repeatedly just because of a sponge who kills you instantly. You want to know why people back out of games so much? It's probably in part due to lag compensation. Why should we have to tolerate this?

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to dubhicks

Bad hit marking and lag comp killing gaming yeah had great fun in mw2 and blops1....mw3 the issues started and never really corrected itself and now blops2 played for game time sadly 3days and cant say ive had any enjoyment only frustrating tv screen shout hell...... Cant see me buying anymore map packs because i feel the game has problems that will not be fixed as they were in MW3.....Poor game shame could of been great....Maybe they might start listening to the really community one day. One day.

Level 12

in reply to dubhicks

Hit detection on BO2 is screwed, nuff said, maps suck too.

Level 1

in reply to dubhicks

I signed up here just to say this: I am not a gamer. I am a call of dutier. No other games for me. I know it's sad but I love this franchise soo much and look forward to every new edition. I spend hours and days playing this...... Treyarch.. you have hurt me, hurt me bad. I will never forgive you. I have started calling this game "Shoot you in the back ops 2." How could you stuff it up soo badly. After reaching level 55 and actually doing quite well I realised that I was playing out of habit and that not only was I not enjoying it (a true surprise), but that I was hating it. My hair started falling out, I developed stomach ulcers and I am thinking about a radiology session to see if I have stress induced cancer caused by the nausiating pile of utter poo you have spewed forth. I have never complained before... I love the franchise to much...I take the good with the bad. But.....

You have decimated something that was special to me and now there is only one thing for it...I must sell my XBOX and grow up..never to game again. I hope Bill Gates reads this and kills you.

Cheers

Level 1

Studios