In the words of Jay Puryear (Treyarch) whos states in your 'Noob to Veteran' video "If your not having fun then what's the point"

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: In the words of Jay Puryear (Treyarch) whos states in your 'Noob to Veteran' video "If your not having fun then what's the point"

in reply to rickydaxavier

This is a good post

The fact that you shamelessly continue to plug said DLC whilst ignoring our current major issues and experiences speaks volumes to any reasonably intelligent person.

I ended purchasing the MAPS out of the same reasons I always did, to get something new every so often from the game. But I agree there still remain issues with the game. Thing is to me, as a mature gamer when will things ever really be perfect? Probably never. So I said "f--ck it" and purchased them.

Your contempt is deplorable, your greed unforgiveable and your strategies for extracting money from us unethical.

Greed and their sales tactics is none of those two, but nicely said. Remember, we all have a choice to purchase or not

You make some good valid points, and if those players who feel the same, should follow your advice and not purchase anything more from them.

As a mature gamer, ive simply come to the conclusion that its a game and it will never meet my "standards" nor will it ever be similar to my first experience with COD. This game does though represent the evolution of the series into this competitive, no BS game. I welcome that.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Re: In the words of Jay Puryear (Treyarch) whos states in your 'Noob to Veteran' video "If your not having fun then what's the point"

in reply to Izjar11

You are absolutely right, we all chose to buy, or chose not to buy.  I'm ok with a serious, competitive game, but how can it be truely competitive when we are all seeing something different on our individual televisions?  It's hard to take a game serious when one persons bullets don't kill.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still having fun with it, but I can't take it too serious or I /rage.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

Highwayman0226 wrote:

but I can't take it too serious or I /rage.

That's the thing, I never took this game that serious. I play it, I use it, I enjoy it, if (to me) it was impossible to play trust me I would not purchase anything, heck I would not be writing on these forums.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Great post.  I'm still having fun with the game, even though the spawns are horrid, lag makes it unplayable most of the time and 9 of the maps are basically the same.  My enjoyment likely comes from playing with friends though, if no one is online, I play/do something else.  Most of friends are excited about the DLC, but I'm not sure I'm buying it just yet.

Like you, I feel the desire to make a great product has been replaced by over hyped marketing and greed.  There are just too many MAJOR issues with the game that are being ignored, yet Treyarch pushes the dlc like the game is perfect.  IF the issues were being fixed, I'd have no problem giving them more money for additional content, but it seems they are content with the game, as long as dollars keep rolling in.  I don't feel it's right to reward a company for making a sub standard game, and then not dealing with the problems that come along with it.

The community in general is terrible.  Every lobby is people playing loud music, little kids telling me to suck their genitals, rednecks dropping N-bombs..just total disrespect. 

Level 29

I finally reached master and i feel i don't wont to play anymore its been a ruff unenjoyable ride from the start... For treyarch to say the game is ready for people to spend there hard earned cash on buying the next lot of DLC maps is criminal... The game is so out of sync its a joke hence the large amount of quitters and i don't really blame them. Why would you stay in a game where your finding your shooting at enemy that are not really there.... Some kill cams I've watch and I'm shooting into objects where the enemy was or knifing in mid air and he already passed me shooting in my back.... Ive been a massive fan from the start of cod played them all and loved them all but this is a very bitter pill to swallow......very sad  Smiley Sad

Level 12

in reply to hyper72

Makes you wonder if they even bothered to test it before they sold it to us.

Level 29

They did. They got a bunch of YouTubers to play a couple of LAN games.

Level 23

in reply to BukLau101

That was likely the extent of it.  If they tested it over the net with the P2P system, it would've been obvious in the first match that it doesn't work correctly.

Level 29

I had to laugh when I watched a video of one of the YTers who was invited and they were going on about how the game runs perfectly. Of course it's gonna run perfectly on LAN. COD needs a public beta but I suppose when you have at most 2 years to develop a game getting everything perfect before release isn't too high on the list of priorities.

Level 23

in reply to BukLau101

I'm no programmer, so I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.  To me, 2 years is A LOT of time to work on a project.  It might be a short time to develop a game, I have no idea.

Their system didn't work on BO1, it didn't work on MW3, so if nothing is changed, it's not gonna work on BO2.  They made it and sold it anyway is the bottom line.  So $$$>working product.

Level 29

Studios