If you want a working game.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: If you want a working game.

in reply to GALACT1C0s117

Managed to find the message a guy sent to Vahn about the difference between MW2 and now.  Hopefully the guy who wrote it wont mind me plagurising his work!  It is on the internet and therefore in the public domain!  I believe what this guy says purely because of the number of times I see players with1, 2 or 3 bars top of the leaderboard at the end of a match, with 4 bar players behind them.

I believe the problem is client-side hit detection. Some people have touched on this a bit, but I don't believe nearly enough. The client-side hit detection, in its current form, is simply too forgiving, and gives the laggers--or at least the people with higher ping--the advantage, because laggers always see you first before you see them. Thus, when these laggers see you first, they shoot you first, on their screen, and therefore you die instantly--all this because of the forgiving nature of the client-side hit detection algorithm used in Black Ops 2.

The problem is that, even if you are lagging with a 3-bar or 2-bar connection, the client-side hit detection model in Black Ops 2 makes it so that all your bullets register perfectly and instantly. This isn't fair to other people with decent ping or 4-bars because, like I said earlier, laggers see you first. The person with the most lag/highest ping sees you before you see them, when they are turning a corner. Therefore, they shoot you--and kill you--on their screen, and you are actually dead before you even know it. This just isn't fair to people with good, low-ping connections.

MW2 used client-side hit detection also, but it wasn't forgiving. It actually delayed the lagger's bullets from registering depending on their ping. The higher their ping, the more delayed their bullets are before actually registering as hits. This is MUCH more fair, because people with good ping have an advantage, and people with bad ping have a disadvantage. NOBODY complained about MW2's lag or hit detection. Because it was FAIR, and made sense. For some reason, starting with MW3, they removed this client-side hit detection delay for laggers... and now everyone with decent internet is being punished and pissed off at how random gunfights are, and how they are dying instantly by 1-bullet by laggers running around a corner.

The bottom line is, Treyarch needs to change the netcode and hit-detection model to EXACTLY THE WAY MW2 was. If the hit detection and netcode becomes EXACTLY like MW2, or even COD4, then nobody would be complaining nearly as much as they are now. Period, case closed.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

True that.

Level 11

in reply to DatBeast

A forum should be full off stuff about new ideas and tiny problems that need addressing but this is bad reading this forum its all bad.

Level 12

in reply to hyper72

I know.

Level 11

Studios