If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person

in reply to Ghamorra

Hrm, PC and Xbox versions of BOPS2 are working like a charm. Halo 3 and Halo:Reach all worked without hassle on release day to name another game.

Level 4

Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person

in reply to MaGicBush

Xbox is having issues, it was even reported so by Activision. No, not as bad as PS3's but they have problems. Halo had problems with their servers on day 1 and that got fixed after a few days

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

To be fair we all expect issues, but not failure. My son played zombies, screen freeze twice hard reboot req'd.  I played 3 tdm then screen freeze, hard reboot then server error all night, started 1 league game 2 mins screen freeze. 

I am not worried I will play campaign for now, but it is a major fail for PS users.

Oh by the way my son has Halo and the issue with matchmaking was fixed within a few hours, also the graphics on halo are amazing, unlike BO2, lol

Level 30

in reply to Ghamorra

@"G", fair enough. But because they won't run there game through the established Sony Alpha & Beta tester program, this is what happens. Every Sony Exclusive has worked from day 1, with minor fixes to glitchs players find and report.

If the server load testing was done on the same scale as a Sony exclusive. Live on the PSN around the world, then.Half of these issue's would have been found, discussed with the Devs in the Closed Sony Beta Forums and a patch done during testing to fix the issue before the game went gold.

I am starting BLOPs2 this weekend, been away on business. I think I will hide in Boot Camp IMAO

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

As stated, I'm not excusing Activision from properly testing their game. But to raise the kind of Hell that's being raised on this forum is immature at the least. The game is broken, there are issues, but to go off and snap your disc in half on the third day, or try and get supporters for a lawsuit is madness

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

As stated, I'm not excusing Activision from properly testing their game. But to raise the kind of Hell that's being raised on this forum is immature at the least. The game is broken, there are issues, but to go off and snap your disc in half on the third day, or try and get supporters for a lawsuit is madness

@"G" I agree with you 100%

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

People have every right to be POed at the developers for allowing a product to go to market that isn't working properly. I expected some issues on launch day but not this.

As a consumer, I'm starting to question if my $130 purchase of yet another game on a platform that went down for months due to hacking and the constant lag issues. When I researched what system to buy years ago, the salesman tried to talk me into buying the XBOX rather than PS3. I'm starting to see why.

Level 10

in reply to Ghamorra

All the money they collected and you think this is satifactory your crazy! First off if Treyarch didn't see the excitment pre-launch hype and advertising coming someone at Treyarch should be fired!

Level 1

in reply to mkmoore2

mkmoore2 wrote:

All the money they collected and you think this is satifactory your crazy! First off if Treyarch didn't see the excitment pre-launch hype and advertising coming someone at Treyarch should be fired!

When did I say this satisfactory? You need to learn to read, everything

What does this have to do with advertising?

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

wouldnt bother writing in here, if your post isnt liked it gets deleted. lol

Level 1

Studios