If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person

in reply to Thesandman11

They should of beata tested the game... but its all about the money so go figure

Level 1

Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person

in reply to Thesandman11

Thesandman wrote:

I wouldn't accept this reason if it was a new car or new tv,so why with this game?

Cars and TVs can be tested in real situtations. Call of Duty is played by millions, you can test that

Level 75

in reply to Thesandman11

Ok, say that about Halo, MOH, and every other fkn title that has had issues. Unfortunaley, its the trend. Didnt say Iwas happy about it.

Level 2

in reply to kastro187420

kastro187420 wrote:

people don't care if the game they were sold BRAND NEW doesn't properly function.

I can't speak for Hotrod but I did expect the game to have faults because as you said, every game has issues on the first day. There's no way to test or simulate millions of people jumping in MP for the first time. The amount of stress that generates is uncalculable.

However, what I don't feel should be an easy pass is the freezing. Supposedly that's in the game code, but it might not be Activision's fault. This could have happened in the production of the physical game. There's no way they would have let this game go out in mass production with a problem like. So my guess it was on the distribution end. Still, someone's to blame

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

the freezing issue is apparently inherent in the game code since it happens across all platforms(xbox, ps3, pc) and it was something that happened during testing but wasn't replicable so it made it thru. Wasn't cause by production of the disks its the code. And you can test for millions jumping online to play a game at once, many many companies do this on thier games it's called an open beta test, any good company performs one if they plan on releasing an massivly played online game, the key word is "good"

Level 2

in reply to Ghamorra

hmm i disagree. its mostly down to server loads. the fact is why dont they accomadate more servers to take the stress of then the problem wouldnt exist. coming from the sopposed best selling first person shooter game im sure they have the funds to provide such features to ensure a smooth gaming experiance even if millions are trying to play the game online. but wait on my multiplayer only about 200-300k people are online playing that is no excuse for overloaded servers. seems like the other 11.5 million players are waiting........ As far as codes go they are coded on the playstation store itself and all PSN content are on the same servers but we can download/redeem anything else but not black ops 2 codes even though all content is in the same place. Treyarc simply fucked this launch up bigtime.

Level 1

in reply to Ghamorra

Actually it's not to much to ask to have a finished product on launch day, the fact that companies don't now just goes to show how much they care about thier player base. They keep releasing unfinished games, and we keep buying them, why would they change the status quoe? They still make money and have and extended period of time to finish the game, not to mention the money they save by not having to beta test the gave, since we do that for them. You know 10 to 15 years ago games came out working on launch day so you couldd actually play it  after you bought it.

Level 2

in reply to mikesnow

15 years ago we really didnt have games that needed technology like we do now. Games we simple, and people that could afford it (which wasnt even close to what it is now) didnt base their lives on it.

So why is it unfinished ? because of servers overloading ? Campaign works fine. Looks like a finished product to me.

Level 7

in reply to HotRodGod

what technology is in this game that hasn't been around for 20 years? seriously do you even know wtf your talking about? Our console run on some old ass technology. What about this game is so new and technologically advanced that wasn't in say I dunno Unreal Tournament for instance which never had issues at launch, and all thier subsequent releases worked great as well. Whats not a finished product? i would say 80% or more of who buy this series do so for MP, and lets see how many people on here are complaining about not even being able to play the game. Hell I wouldn't be on here posting if i could play the game. It's a broken game, I don't want to play the campign thats not why I buy cod. Random freeze up of your consol ya thats great, pop the disk in play for 10 miniutes and your consol freezes, same as it did with the first black ops and you say its a finished game... please go blow smoke up someone elses ass.

Level 2

in reply to mikesnow

Dude hold on let me find you a straw........You should have waited to play it if online is all you want. But you couldnt wait could you ? I would have loved to see your face when the warm fuzzy feeling you had bout playing online was cut short by what we all knew was comming. Im not mad. Why ? Beacuse i have a life. And i knew what to exspect just like you did. But difference between you and me was that ACCEPTED it as inevitability.

Level 7

Studios