If I get the game after release date, how much of a disadvantage will I be at?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

If I get the game after release date, how much of a disadvantage will I be at?

Hi

I was thinking about getting BO2 on release date but I might get AC3 instead. I need to save up for 1-2 months because of my part time job. I was wondering... How big of a disadvantage would I be at if I picked the game up at the end of Nov to early Dec? I would still have it before christmas, but I would start at level 1. Is there any "super good gun" that is unlocked at a late level? I don't know which game to get, I love AC3 but I don't want to have horrible stats because some kids are already running around with the new Famas.

Level 5
3 REPLIES

Re: If I get the game after release date, how much of a disadvantage will I be at?

in reply to xPsYcHo

None what so ever.  Whether you get the game on day 1 or on day 360, it all depends on YOU. 

If you are no good at FPS, then you will of course be at a big disadvantage playing a FPS game.  If you are even slightly good at FPS, then you will be just fine.  Do as you wish and don't feel pressure to get this game on release day just because little Johnny on the spot is tormenting you. 

Level 31
Highlighted

Re: If I get the game after release date, how much of a disadvantage will I be at?

in reply to wridtrvlr

Agreed wrid, I have the game. But am not playing it until Thursday, I play every COD my way. Campaign, then MP. I have never met this johnny on the spot chap, sounds like a real DorK

Level 31

in reply to xPsYcHo

It's alright, have you heard about the new matchmaking or rank system or whatever? It pairs you with people according to your skill level so you can have an enjoyable time.

Level 1

Studios