I was asked: Why didn't you leave?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?

in reply to ladylucina1

The trick with the VTOL (or any other high-end, user controlled streak) is to use it in conjunction with a CUAV or EMP systems.  When your enemies can't see the streak on the minimap it takes a lot longer for them to shoot it down.

Also, I find the VTOL does better on Plaza where it's harder to pick out visually in the night sky.

Level 26

in reply to Harv72

actually yes, very true harv. EMP system scorestreak, VTOL, Plaza = me happy lol

The VTOL is huge though and flies kinda lowish lol

Level 23

rlbl wrote:

"Look a Legit PM, good... oh wait he has no Ruthless (tor whatever the 30kill no death one is) and he has never gotten a swarm... he is garbage" - too funny*

LMAO. wow.

See this is where people are deluded.

They see a person has no ruthless or brutal medal, or never got a swarm etc and they immediately think " this player is garbage "

Here is the thing. I got 3 sentry guns in 1 game of dom before dying. If I had swarm and all the big streaks picked I would have got them. Just because you don't get them people think "bad player" lol.

They never think about the logic I just explained. Getting 3 sentry guns rolled over before I died.

This is why some players are completely (imo) deluded and this is where the " stats " come into peoples heads

~smh~

Level 23

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

This question is for all:

Has the statistics in this game ruined our mentality on what's right and wrong? Is a lose that bad, that you need to quit a game?

Note: If you respond to this question please add the question through a quotation so we know your responding.

stats have been in COD since i started playing MW.

its when they where made public to everyone outside of friends its when they became prelevant.

i will admid that when i started i was all about stats aswell but i then matured and well since BO1 i became a primarly objective player.

Level 27

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

Has the statistics in this game ruined our mentality on what's right and wrong? Is a lose that bad, that you need to quit a game?

Note: If you respond to this question please add the question through a quotation so we know your responding.

In my honest opinion yes, stats being public has ruined the game.

But what gets me is this, why do people find it so important to be able to show a stranger their stats?

I mean who really does care? If my K/D was .10 and my SPM was 50 and my W/L was .10 I wouldn't care less lol. Them stats would show, yes, I was a bad player. But I wouldn't lose sleep over it and it wouldn't ruin my real life outside video gaming lol. The stats becoming public to everyone has made all these people want to have the best stats. That is why there is so much cheating going on. I mean there was always cheating but now people want these great stats. For me personally, it is mostly kids to. Not all but mostly kids do the cheating etc

Level 23

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

For starters, the mentality of many CoD players concerning what is right and wrong was trashed to begin with.  Hence the stuff you hear in voice chat or see in emblems.  Immaturity + anonymity = the worst kind of behavoir.

Second, a great deal of the raging has nothing to do with whether that player's team was winning or losing at the time; it's far more often related to how that individual was doing.  The way the game keeps statistics--and the emphasis many in the community place upon them--obviously contributes to that, but I think you'd still see a great deal of it even if no statistics were kept...from personal experience, it is not at all fun to play in a game where your opponents so obviously outclass everyone on your team that you can't move 5 steps without being shot (and that's not even taking into account flaws with the game itself).  When I find myself in those scenarios, and especially when I can also see that these opponents outclass me as well, hell yes I'm going to quit the game!  That has nothing to do with what effect it will have on my stats, but everything to do with how it will affect my mood.

Level 26

in reply to Harv72

angermanagement.com

lol nah just kidding harv.

But yes of course it's very frustrating when you can't step 5 steps and then boom, shot dead. But alot of people would quit for the opposite reason to you. Their "precious K/D " will be ruined.

Level 23

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

Public Statistics have always been around in Play Station Exclusive titles right there for anyone to see, in the pre game lobby, after a game or on the INSOMNIAC, GG etc, etc Website.

I find it amusing that after 5 years into the PS3 life cycle Activision start to introduce stat's, first so friends can see them, then every body, then a Website dedicated to them.

It's what you are used too, if all you have ever played is COD then you are behind the times. Granted, the games that came out with quick access public stat's that even showed how many times you 'quit' a game had in-game Sony MOD's. So cheating was kept in check.

This leads me back to COD again, if it had in-game MODs then stat's would be kept in check, Booster's and cheaters would be kept in check etc, etc. You see, to have this degree of exposure, cheating is only a natural progression. That is why companies (as mentioned) realised during there alpha code and beta trials back in 2005 that in-game MOD's would be essential to stem cheating when stat's were available for access all the time as mentioned.

No to me it is no excuse to quit a game

Message was edited by: BanHaMMer

Level 31

in reply to Izjar11

I don't believe stats have ruined the game. I do believe that the stats have skewed the player mentality though. I don't think that the loss has a lot to do with people bailing out of the game. I believe that there has been an increase in the number of individual players versus the actual team players in this game. I've seen it grow in HC CTF especially. You have individuals who could care less about either defending their flag or trying to capture the enemy flag but would rather try to spawn trap and boost their SPM and KD. When said individual is unable to accomplish his or her individual goal they normally get butt hurt and back out. They do not care about the "W". They are in it for themselves.

Level 12

in reply to Izjar11

good going on staying in the Match.....i dont let stats rule my gameplay .....ii ahve had a game or two when playing solo my teammates either leave as the game starts or the server boots them out......so i figure even tho i am out gunned i still have 6 times the chance of killing them LOL.........i did have the rare occassion a week or so ago while playing HC/KC on AfterMath .my teammates either left or were kicked early in the game the score was aound 15-17 or close to that my team was winning when the mass exodus occured, oddly enough i never got any back up no one even came in and dashboarded......but i was able to finish the game and get a win ....the other team started running like crazy to find me...so i just moved slowly until i got a kill grabbed the tags and moved quickly to get out of that area......i did pass up several chances to  get multi kills, becace i knew if i started dying  i would start getting spawn killed......the game was a low score game it ended with a score of  31- 45 ...... i only wish my scoresteaks had been set higher LOL

After the game was over and we returned to the pregame lobby.....i was called a cheater, hacker, asshole and other names .....I just replied with "thank you for letting me win" .........then they left

Level 16

Studios