I'm good at this game, I know I am... but here's why I'm hardly ever doing well...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: I'm good at this game, I know I am... but here's why I'm hardly ever doing well lately...

Part of the problem is the awful lag.  Most matches, the only way to get kills is to come up behind the enemy.  To do this you have to venture near their spawn area.  Most games I can't even camp, they just come around the corner and shoot me before I can react.

Level 29
Highlighted

Re: I'm good at this game, I know I am... but here's why I'm hardly ever doing well lately...

in reply to llewellyn237__

Yes, it is annoying but the only time that it really bothers me is when I'm trying to use a longer range weapon and basically don't have the mobility to deal with the spawns flipping non-stop.  So not only watch your own back but be sure to pack a good secondary so that you can compete with the guys that are going to pop up behind you.

Level 69

I play a lot of KC and this is just as bad on a non objective based game. I can't move 3 feet without the spawns flipping. There's just too many people bouncing from one of the map to the other.

I actually stopped playing one night because I couldn't get away from Hijacked where it's the worst, my killcams would actually show me and the enemy spawning together side by side. How the Hell is anyone suppose to effectively play the game when this sh*t is happening

Level 75

Fact of the matter (as summed up by pretty much all of the above)

1. If you don't rush, you're considered a camper. There is no inbetween with this game.

2. The SMG's are OP'd with far too much range. Hipfiring them (even with lasersight) needs more recoil/sway. There should be no way around that. I lost a gunfight across a map (on Turbine) to a silened MP7 with my Type25 reflex.

3. The maps (with exception to a few) favor the fast-paced/pop around a corner/blast and spray shotgun or SMG

Level 1

in reply to the_slim_reaper1

Just accepted the fact that you were aiming shit and he was a good aimer with the MP7?

Seriously, SMGs aren't OP. Just because everybody thinks SMGs are OP you just also rely on that excuse to justify your death.

P.S. I'm an AR user not SMGs

Level 6

If you see most of your team in the enemy spawn, you shouldn't need to wait to hear "losing C" before you turn around.  As a long-time Dom player myself I understand your frustration, but it doesn't require very much thought to recognize when the spawns are about to flip, and where they're going to flip to.

Level 26

I agree and I've played since CoD 1 too but I played that on PC. I play on PS3 now. I use equipment and scavenger like crazy because of this. There's no getting away from it especially if you are a tactical player and not a PCP injected gang banger running around spraying everywhere. I get messages saying that I was cheap all the time but hey, maybe I KNEW WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO DO before you did it. The strategy has definitely changed and it can drive you crazy if it's not going well with random's. I stick with TDM and Chaos moshpit myself since I play solo all the time. Sadly, more and more kiddies play this game nowadays. What seems idiotic to you seems like a great idea to others. You just have to understand/anticipate what they are going to do before they do it.

Level 48

I was good at this game too. I could protect myself and hold down an area and kill multiple enemies. I could defend the flags pretty well and win most of the gunfights.

Now, I cannot predict where enemies are coming from. If I see more than two enemies I'm surely dead. I believe MW3 and earlier games gave you some kind of stopping power while dealing with multiple enemies but this game I'm running around like a headless chicken, kill one die, kill one die.

I think its the map design, SMGs or something i don't know. Back in MW3 when I saw the opposite team with split-screens, I would be happy and my party would tear them apart. Now them split screeners absolutely own me.

Level 10

in reply to s_paw1

You are right about MW3 - the guns are more powerful and if you ran into 2 or 3 enemies you could take them all out. But not in Black Ops 1 or 2 - weak guns means you most likely will get 1 kill wound the second enemy and then die. One of the annoying things about Black Ops - so many hit markers before you get the kill.

Level 24

in reply to s_paw1

Exactly this ^

When the clan is online and we have a full team, there's rarely a problem.

If you're very lucky you'll play solo with a full team of like-minded people, people who are pressing for a win startegically... IF you're VERY lucky.

Level 11

Studios