I know it's still a bit soon to ask this but... any feedback on the MP maps?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

I know it's still a bit soon to ask this but... any feedback on the MP maps?

Hey folks. So how are the MP maps in Black Ops II?

Favourite maps and least favourite?

From the gameplay videos I've seen on YouTube, there are a few maps that I've found particularly interesting (visually wise, at least), like Cargo, Express, Overflow, Plaza or Turbine.

No, I don't have the game yet, but I plan to buy it for the PS3 soon enough, so I'd like to know about this.

Also, anybody know how the PS3 graphics look like in MP? I heard they're about the same as the Xbox 360 version this time around. Sadly, we all know this wasn't the case with the original Black Ops...

Thank you.

Level 4
12 REPLIES

Re: I know it's still a bit soon to ask this but... any feedback on the MP maps?

in reply to UnRest

Anyone? Yeah... maybe I am asking about this a bit too soon, hehe.

Level 4

Re: I know it's still a bit soon to ask this but... any feedback on the MP maps?

in reply to UnRest

I think I've played about 7-8 maps, exlcuding Nuketown, and they are all somewhat the same.

The big map that had a chance to play on funnels people into different direction forcing close quarters combat. There aren't any good sniping maps so running around and sniping seems to be the only way t use that class.

Nuketown, however, is still the same clusterf--k as before.

Level 4

in reply to UnRest

Small. Very small

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Wow, detailed post is detailed.

Could you elaborate further on that? I don't think I quite understand what you mean...

Level 4

in reply to UnRest

Most maps seem to favor ARs although there are a couple with ample close quarters options if you prefer SMGs.  Spawning seems more random than previous games which is kind of a pain in the a** because there is a tendancy to spawn directly in front of 2+ opponents resulting in instant death, or every now and then you spawn behind them and get the easy kills.

Level 1

in reply to UnRest

Thanks for the answers so far, guys. But I'd like to hear/know more about the MP maps.

Don't care much for Zombie mode, to be honest.

Level 4

in reply to UnRest

Overall they are not bad, some are pretty tight, its a good idea to spend some time in combat training mode against bots to check them out because there are a lot of little dark places for campers to hide in and pick you off on some of the maps.

Level 67
Highlighted

in reply to UnRest

i'm just suprised to see a thread that confirms some people are actually playing on PS3. i got home from work but have to leave to play a hockey game, so i don't have time to jump on and play the game, so i figure i'll take the 30 minutes to check how the game is... all i see is freeze this, shut down that... i'm a little scared to open up my hardened edition. hope things are looking up in a few hours.

the "small. very small" comment has me a bit worried, as well.

Level 20

in reply to UnRest

Maps are pretty decent some better than others of course.. But yeah not really any classic long range sniper maps, Turbine and Aftermath could be options but people just run and gun with their smg's and AR's anyways so it doesnt really matter.. Besides that the maps are kinda the same, 3-4 funnels were you meet an enemy and if you are lucky enough to survive you can just go on to the next killing-point..

Level 5

Studios