I got my friend to try this game...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: I got my friend to try this game...

in reply to Mojo332

Obviously it was a new account. Come on.

Level 20

in reply to SanAndreasPsych1

You didn't specify, so I had to ask.

Still, sounds more like a reflection on his inexperience with multiplayer than an accurate indication of anything wrong with the game to me.

Level 15

in reply to Mojo332

I expected him to do bad. One of the points I wanted to make was about why people are always quitting matches. New players get thrown into a game where players are ADS'ing with target finders, and what do you expect them to do? My friend probably got over 15 deaths in a row before he just didn't want to play anymore. This is the kind of crap that will make this game die in the end. People hate that shit.

And not just noobs. I played with my friend who loved BO1, and it seems like everyday, he's getting more and more fed up with campers. He's going to reach the point where he just puts the game away for good, and he's not alone. Again, I'll use MW3 as a good example of where this game is headed.

Level 20

Why didn't you put him on the training room to get used to it.?

Has he ever played a game online before or is this his first try.

Maybe you slapping your face at his every wrong move also put him off.?

Level 9

in reply to blade3370

The point wasn't how he should have been better. A new player is going to be bad. It was about how the entire game went. The kills by the other team were just so pathetic, why would he want to play anymore.

I just tried the Dust 514 Beta, and the whole time I just kept saying, why the fuck would I want to play this shit? Nice maps, cool objectives, but the entire strategy is about getting the best weapons and perks and then steam rolling the other team by camping. I really gave it a shot, and play for a few hours, but I just wasn't interested.

Just like the other guy said, once a better game comes out, this series is done.

Level 20

in reply to Mojo332

My wife finally decided to give the COD series a try and join in the fun I've been having since MW in 2006.  She is a couple of prestiges in now and it has been an absolute struggle for her due to the inadequate game mechanics we have been given with this game.

My only response to her is to wait until a real game comes out, she will be much better for the experience this game is providing her.  Take the lumps now in an awfully coded game and reap the rewards in the next one that will actually be playable and reflect at least mostly what you are actually doing/seeing on screen (hoping with fingers crossed anyway).

I feel for anyone who joins the community with this release, it is just bad.  I play just because it's the latest installment.  My enjoyment level of this game is definitely lower than any previous COD title.

Level 16

You should of put him in core TDM.

Level 7

Maybe. Seems like a lot of campers there too.

Level 20

sadly there is always campers, not much you can do about it.

Level 7

Shoot them in the head.

Level 9

Studios