I got my friend to try this game...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

I got my friend to try this game...

Started him in FFA with the PDW and MP7. Keep in mind he did complete the solo campaign. It was pretty brutal, but even though he was having a hard time navigating, he got a few lucky shot here and there which was all that mattered. Off to a good start.

Then I had him try Kill Confirmed. He had a pretty rough time. One guy on his team was getting three of the top streaks, and he couldn't even find the enemy. I was thinking, at least he wasn't on the other team. Anyways, he said he didn't like it cause it seemed to have no point. He wanted an objective to go to, so I told him to try Domination.

This is where it gets pathetic...

I had him search for a Ground War, cause I figured the more players, the better chance he would get some kills. First game, his team owns the other team swarming constant high streaks, and it seemed the couple people on the other team that managed to survive by window camping were pretty much killing my friend with target finders. Second game, disaster. Seriously, you people complain about players leaving lobbies... The entire other team were using sniper rifles, LMG's, and Target Finders, except maybe one guy with an MSMC that was defending. Every direction my friend went there was a crosshair waiting for him.

At a certain point, he says, "That's it, I'm done." This is how you make a game? It just amazes me that a veteran player would use a weapon that gives the enemies position away. Why the fuck did you put that crap in this game? Seriously? It's not for noobs, it's for lame ass campers. And WTF. California has 30 million people, but you can't matchmake my friend who's rolling solo into a noob lobby? Just pathetic. This franchise will be dead in a few years, and both the devs and the weak community of campers can share in the blame.

Someday, we'll all be playing a much better game, and a few people will say "This game doesn't have what COD had." And I'll say, "Good, COD was always lame. Just a bunch of camping pussies".

Anyways, I'm going to try to play some Zombies with him, but you campers should really be ashamed of yourselves. Skilled players don't have to camp and when I see you in that corner, next thing you'll be seeing is a C4 blast. Get some!

My main point, if you love this game, think about what you're doing to the community when you play with cheap tactics. Eventually, most people are going to get fed up with it just like they did in every COD, and the matchmaking will turn into MW3. If you love BO2, have some honor and play with some skill.

Level 20
43 REPLIES

Re: I got my friend to try this game...

in reply to SanAndreasPsych1

Y do I feel like it was you experience it and not your friend?

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to Noordeep1232

Well, I did watch him play. Have you ever watched a noob play? So many facepalms.

Level 20

No point to your post at all..  if you don't like the game then don't play it very easy.

Level 9

in reply to blade3370

I made some very good points, and if you lack the literary skills to comprend them, that's not my problem. There was no point to your post at all. If you don't like my thread... Too bad.

Level 20

Honestly you claim about campers, yes they can catch you off guard once, but if you keep rushing there blindly and can't take the person out, we here use the term "bad", maybe that's the answer? GET BETTER?

Level 2

in reply to Noordeep1232

I don't have a problem with campers. They get the C4 from me. The point of my post was that I'm trying to get my friend to join the community, and this game really didn't give him much of a reason to want to play. Target finder campers dropping constant lightning strikes... What a joke. And then people complain about quitters, when it's obvious why people are quitting.

Just look at the matchmaking in MW3. There's a reason it takes forever to find a lobby... Campers ruin the game and no one wants to play that crap. That will be BO2 in about a year.

Level 20

if your trying to help your friend, maybe put him in combat training to learn the basics first!!

Level 6

in reply to the-don-617

I was thinking the same thing. OP, did your friend play under your account? If he did, well, that wasn't very smart.

EDIT: Mojo asked this question already.

Also, if he's new, put him in TDM. There are 100k people in that playlist all the time. Big team battle has FAR fewer people so guess what, most of those are probably teams or clans and guess how they will play? I play solo all the time and have observed these things quite a bit. The play list matters and the amount of players will give you an idea of how the game type will play.

Level 48

Question: was he playing on your account or on a new account?

If he was playing on your account, matchmaking would put him in matches based on your rank, not his noob status. Also, if he played on a new account, you should've put him in Boot Camp, to ease him in and learn the ropes in a more forgiving environment.

Regardless, I find the entire concept of a new player doing poorly his first time in multiplayer not very surprising. I'd be more shocked if he had done well.

What did you expect was going to happen? You can hardly blame the game for the poor performance of an inexperienced newb.

Level 15

Studios