I am no sniper camper, but the Ghost setup is silly. Snipers camp! That is what they are supposed to do! Who's dumb idea was it to force them to move?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

I am no sniper camper, but the Ghost setup is silly. Snipers camp! That is what they are supposed to do! Who's dumb idea was it to force them to move?

One of the best things about snipers is trying to find them!

That's the friggin point of a sniper!!!!!!

Some of war's greatest stories involve a hard to find sniper.

Obviously some camper hating cry babies at Treyarch had a hand in this choice.

8_x
Level 8
27 REPLIES

Re: I am no sniper camper, but the Ghost setup is silly. Snipers camp! That is what they are supposed to do! Who's dumb idea was it to force them to move?

It's to cater to the Faze and Optic wannabes. Quickscoping is a stupid disease that's infected the franchise and its community. That's what this game and the past Call of Duty games since MW2 is catering too. They haven't made a good Call of Duty game for guys who like to play the sniper's role since World at War. Yeah you can quick scope in World at War. But they had plenty of maps with good sniping spots to sit back and pick off the enemy.

Black Ops had a couple good maps for playing a sniper. MW3 had one decent map for sniping.

Level 12

Re: I am no sniper camper, but the Ghost setup is silly. Snipers camp! That is what they are supposed to do! Who's dumb idea was it to force them to move?

Well, stop being a sitting duck and move around.

Level 1

in reply to lPlatinumb

To be honest campers kinda ruin cod. Snipers included,I mean it does take skill to aim properly but it takes no skill to sit there and watch a known spawn point/funnel and just faceroll for xp.

They catch on and stop going there after you get your 2-3 free kills?

Okay you move to the nexp camping spot and set up there. More free kills/xp.

What they did was deter you from going "lol camp".

Level 3

in reply to BabelFish1

Snipers sacrifice being able to spam up scorestreaks, or killstreaks in previous titles.  And I know how much people loved the Reaper in MW3.  It takes more skill using snipers than fully automatic/burst fire weapons anyway.

The stupidity of this change to get rid of camping means we'll see more snipers quickscoping because they are forced to be even more mobile than before.  I suspect LMGs are most hit by the change because of the lack of movement speed as many of the snipers in the game are lighter than the LMGs.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

oh i love you , for thinking of the lmg people.

since teh new ghost works on how fast you move i have a bad feeling that with lmg's making oyu move so slow that we will almost always bee shown. and what happens when we need to reload for 4 secs.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to mastermc

mastermc wrote:

oh i love you , for thinking of the lmg people.

since teh new ghost works on how fast you move i have a bad feeling that with lmg's making oyu move so slow that we will almost always bee shown. and what happens when we need to reload for 4 secs.

Yep.  I used to run the LMGs in Overkill classes in COD4 (1 - M60E4 & M249 SAW; 2 - M60E4 & RPD) and the three LMGs actually felt distinct, which is why I had two classes with them.  Had to sacrifice a perk 1 slot for the grip attachment so I felt Overkill was the only option to justify losing a perk while everyone loved using the suppressor attachment that only had 25% damage drop off IIRC and then spam frag x3.

I use the L86 with grip and thermal in MW3 and I've brought down Reapers and Pave Lows before they had a chance to kill anyone on my side.  But at least the buff to LMGs made them practical to use and you could get a sizeable amount of kills to select the gun knowing you're still contributing to the team.

The M60E4 is okay in BO1, pair it with Lightweight and Extreme Conditioning and it should be pretty beastly.  Probably the only alternative to countering FAMAS/AUG spam.

I'd like to see perks be attached to weapon choice in the future, either in addition to already selected perks, or as a substitute.  With snipers you could run an Overkill class with a short range weapon but it will force more stationary snipers to top up on the equipment for protection, and people already moan about the bouncing betties.

Level 31

in reply to BabelFish1

No, people who cry about campers ruin the game. Real players could care less if people are camping.

I never camp, and I never snipe. I am a kamakaze style player.

But I respect the right of snipers to do what they are supposed to do: CAMP!

This Ghost perk update is an insult to the art of sniping, and it ruins the game for me, because good players that I play with enjoy trying to find the snipers.

Nothing is better than getting capped by an elusive sniper a few times who is not on the radar, and then eventually finding him.

Having them on the radar is lame, and is childish. If Ghost is anti UAV, then it is anti UAV. You don't disappear from a UAV by running. That is absolutely moronic.

8_x
Level 8

Just run around and kill like I do... I've always moved about with a sniper rifle and pistol. Camping is boring really but I do agree with what you are saying. I guess they could have made the ghost perk more of a delay on the map? Like every 2 flashes on the HUD they are shown or something.

Personally, they shouldn't have made such easy campable maps anyway... I find standing in one spot absolutely boring. It was the SMG users that made them do this anyway. They took advantage of the strongest weapons and just went crazy. I think all Perks should have cons as well.. to try and balance out such problems. Like snipers would have more benefit from ghost. SMGs have more benefit from Extreme conditioning.

Level 5

in reply to cymbolmonkey115

That is what i do, but its not right to cripple the ghost perk just to appease the anti camper whiners

8_x
Level 8

Studios