How to solve the camper issue

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: How to solve the camper issue

in reply to HaMiSoN

http://www.arthursclipart.org/children/boysbw/spank.gif

Level 59

in reply to HaMiSoN

its a bad idea its like a technique for getting challenges in gun camos (that's what i do for bloodthirsty medals) but sometimes its pretty annoying to get killed multiple times by a camper

Level 1

in reply to HaMiSoN

Also...if you don't like campers you should try TDM where almost NO ONE camps. I can usualy play 25 or 30 games and count on one hand the total number of players that were interested in anything other than running back and forth between spawn-points as fast as they can and going 17-18 over and over. They may be losesers at heart, usualy evidenced by their refusal to turn it around to 20-15, but they sure as helll arn't camping.

Level 20

in reply to HaMiSoN

As the OP noted, the Report System doesn't seem to work, since any actions taken in response to reports occur WELL after the fact. They have to make sure there IS an issue before they mete out punishments to protect innocent players from spurious reports issued by butt hurt losers. THESE idiots are clogging and overwhelming the system because in their world, the ONLY way they lost, is by the other guy cheating or hacking....or camping.

I'm sure, that if the OP's  dream came true, and a Camper Report button was added, one with the ability to immediately put that despicable camper on a 10 minute probation, it would not be abused. I'm sure that all those players who scream "CAMPER!" EACH and EVERY time they get killed would ALWAYS watch a replay of the match to ensure they weren't punishing  an innocent player. I'm sure no afore-mentioned butt hurt loser would seek his petty revenge on the player or team who owned him. I'm sure that no trolls would EVER go through the Recent Players list and put 50 people on a timeout at once. I'm sure Activision would welcome the need to up the staff of their Complaint Department a thousand-fold and the ensuing death of the franchise. An absolutely brilliant solution to the camper issue!

On a totally different and unrelated matter, I wish this site had an Idiotic and Ill-conceived Idea Report button...a few of us might have felt the need to press it recently...just saying.

Level 8

in reply to GraphiteTek

lol don't sugar coat it now.  I completely agree with you.  Besides, I thought that the only camper issue was rushers that know how to kill them.  I sure hope that they don't give out probation for rushing or I'm going to have a hard time slowing down. 

Now just to put on a display of more twisted sideways logic since this seems to be what this thread is about, I believe someone (maybe the OP) suggested that camping equates to boosting.  Well if we were to travel down that rabbit hole, wouldn't it mean that a rusher that kills said camper in the same area more than once is also boosting?  He knew exactly where to find him and had a pretty good idea that he could easily win that gunfight before he engaged in it.  Just goes to show you that in a world of stupid thoughts no one is safe.  Nothing good comes from entertaining it.

Level 69
Highlighted

in reply to GraphiteTek

I would literally have started from day one. Repeat threads of ideas, reported. Links of pudding brain ideas, reported.

Level 59

in reply to HaMiSoN

Camping is a legit play style. Plus, who is to enforce it? How do you know someone is "camping" anyway. I've hid so that I can call in a hellstorm missile. When it's over, I jump up and continue. It so happens that an enemy player ran by when I popped up and I killed him. Is that camping? From his perspective, it might look that way.

You need to deal with camping. Would you rather players just run around at random? Kind of a strange opinion to have. I can only conclude that you're a youngster!

Good luck.

Level 4

Studios