How to balance "Toughness"

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: How to balance "Toughness"

in reply to BACONndEGGS

Way to fly off the handlebar from a tweak suggestion.

Level 1

in reply to Proceo

Its doesn't need any tweaking every cod had some form of toughness weather it was called focus or w.e there was always a option to equip something to reduce flinch. Like I said use it or quit crying about ppl who do. Another reason your idiot blows fmj only increases bullet damage threw materials I bet your one of the players who thinks it's like stopping power adding more damage to bullets to kill faster

Level 6

in reply to Proceo

All Toughness does is reduce the recoil a bit if you're shot, not making the gun jump up so much...nothing that really NEEDS countering...

People complain about EVERYTHING...

Level 24

in reply to Gerbera

it doesn't just reduce it a bit it completely gets rid of it.

and especially if you're not using it you'll notice a huge difference in the amount of kick goes away if your getting shot.

but of course if you use toughness on all your classes you're gonna think it doesn't need to be nerfed

Level 18

in reply to parnezzi

It reduces it by some bit. It does not remove the effect completely. Its the most used perk but that does not mean it needs a nerf Smiley Frustrated. Most people just don't need other stuff in tier 2.

Scavanger? Screw that ill take somebody else his SMG. (they are all good except chicom)

Cold Blooded? Who uses this?

Fast Hands? Same useless perk as /\

Hard Wired? Meh ill just counter there counter UAV by mine Counter UAV.

So that leaves Toughness the only decent perk in there.

Level 1

in reply to Trixh

LOL.. the only good perk in that slot. I use cold blooded more than I ever use toughness to protect against target finder noobs. I even use fast hands when using a sniper class so I can get my pistol out faster.

When running a smg I use scavenger so I never have to worry about looking for a gun to pick up. So yeah the other perks have losts of reasons to be used over that one.

Only people with poor aim need to use that perk to stay on target. Aim for the groin get hit a couple times and its a free headshot.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

I would like to counter post .

Only noobs use Cold Blooded because people with good aim kill people who use target finder anyway.

Fast hands I am not going to comment on since im a "noob" smg user.

You use scavenger because you are lazy. Its not a good choice.

People with good aim would like to have there aim to be as precise as possible. So its the best perk. But whatever makes you sleep at night

Level 1

in reply to Trixh

Only noobs need toughness to lower the flinch from being shot. A good player can compensate for it and still make the kill.

A smart player uses cold blooded to protect against the targerfinder and mms and the dual band. And those that use targer finder will find you way before you may ever see them. It will highlight a person from across the map.

Not because I am lazy but because I do not want to have to switch to a weapon that does not have the same attachments I have. Mine are setup a way I like to use them. No reason for me to use someone elses weapon that clearly did not prevent them from dieing by using it.

People with good aim do not need additional help to maintain their aim. Only those with subpar aim need such things.

So no it is not the best perk in that slot. Just you have never ventured far enough away from it to really understand the pros of the other perks well enough to see how good they really can be.

The same like how you probably was a stopping power user and thought it was the best perk to use all the time in mw2.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to Trixh

Trixh wrote:

It reduces it by some bit. It does not remove the effect completely. Its the most used perk but that does not mean it needs a nerf Smiley Frustrated. Most people just don't need other stuff in tier 2.

Scavanger? Screw that ill take somebody else his SMG. (they are all good except chicom)

Cold Blooded? Who uses this?

Fast Hands? Same useless perk as /\

Hard Wired? Meh ill just counter there counter UAV by mine Counter UAV.

So that leaves Toughness the only decent perk in there.

Scavenger is handy if you don't want to pick up other people's guns because you run a suppressor and not everyone does.  Plus, it refills tacticals and lethals too.  So if you stay alive for a fair while in an equipment heavy match and you run Engineer, you get free points for destroying stuff with EMP grenades.  Couple that with Hardline and it's real handy if you run streaks from VSAT onwards.

Fast Hands is good if you toss C4s I imagine but I've not really tried that technique as I prefer tacticals over lethals.

Hard Wired you do not need as you can get around a CUAV by using a Black Hat PDA/launcher or Hunter Killer to take it out.

Level 31

in reply to Proceo

Is there a counter to Cold-Blooded? Nope. Hard-Wired? Nope. Scavenger? Nope. How about Fast Hands? Still no? Why would Toughness need a counter when every other perk in that tier doesn't have one?

It's fine.

Level 4

Studios