How is the lag? Any Multi-player issues?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: How is the lag? Any Multi-player issues?

in reply to IKEELU20

This guy is clueless. Matchmaking by FPS doesn't even make sense. That isn't even a real thing.

That's like me saying, "Matchmaking will now run on PEPPERONI PIZZA rather than location..."

Level 3

in reply to DaShuk2381

i heard the spawns are worst than mw3

Level 5

in reply to disease24

That is not true. In Vahns livesteam on Nuketown 2025 he explained alot about how the spawns will work. There is an actual distance thing where you can't spawn a certain distance between another player. There are also things called dead spawns. If a player is spawn killed for the next I think 3 minutes nobody will spawn in that same area.

Level 6

in reply to IKEELU20

IKEELU20 wrote:

There are also things called dead spawns. If a player is spawn killed for the next I think 3 minutes nobody will spawn in that same area.

I believe what he said was something more along the lines of, if you die 3 seconds after spawing (could be longer) the game will send the spawn point and it will be fixed. So there should be no "spawn killing".

Level 1

in reply to DaShuk2381

Good servers - a little lag.

Bad servers - a lot of lag.

Qualifier - it's pre-release. Can't make any judgments about lag right now because there are thousands of people playing. Come Tuesday, there will be hundreds of thousands/millions of poeple playing. Big difference.

Level 18

in reply to DaShuk2381

Ikeelu20 is clueless. Matchmaking by FPS doesn't even make sense. That isn't even a real thing.

That's like me saying, "Matchmaking will now run on PEPPERONI PIZZA rather than location...WTF?"

Level 3

in reply to DaShuk2381

Well, since no one has been online to play any MP, I really doubt your going to get any str8 answers here buddy.  Just wait until tonight, then someone will be on here bitching about lag, not even giving the game the chance to even out.

Give the game 2-3 weeks after it's release day.  IF the game doesn't function or is giving me lag/matchmaking issues...I don't even know what I'd do, but I'd be pissed to say the least. 

Level 31

in reply to wridtrvlr

You beat me to it.  Any response at this point is totally 100% irrelevant.

When hundreds of thousands of people are online and you have a greater chance of being matched to more players that have a half decent connection to you, this question can be answered.

Patience...

Activision Ambassador

in reply to DaShuk2381

I have been online & played MP and there is lag but I'm putting that down, completely, to the servers still being brought online.

Hopefully, this will dissappear when the game goes "live"

Level 3

Studios