How did this player get Diamond Camo on their smg? Looked at his combat record!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

How did this player get Diamond Camo on their smg? Looked at his combat record!

Question to those who know more about this than I apparently do...

Background Info:  This player's diamond camo PDW was ripping through people like an LMG with fast fire.  Virtually my entire team was wiped out by this guy numerous times.  Each time I was killed I watched the kill cam and he had a diamond camo PDW.  I know he died several times after watching the entire match in theatre...I say this because I know he was respawning with the same diamond camo gun.  Why is this significant?

HOWEVER, I looked at his detailed record where you can view the playercards earned for each weeapon and not all of his smg's had the three slots filled as you progress towards Gold camo and the associated three playercards you receive.  If he only had two of the total smgs gold how the heck did he get diamond camo on this gun?  I THOUGHT YOU HAD TO GET GOLD CAMO ON EACH GUN IN EACH PARTICULAR CLASS OF GUNS IN ORDER TO UNLOCK THE DIAMOND CAMO????  Perhaps I was wrong to assume this but I read somewhere the only way to get it is to get gold camo on each class (in this case smgs) of guns. 

Any thoughts or your input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Level 3
5 REPLIES

Re: How did this player get Diamond Camo on their smg? Looked at his combat record!

in reply to HeroesCOD

He probably hasn't prestiged the weapons. I believe you have to prestige a weapon twice to get the weapons mastery calling card.

Level 16
Highlighted

Re: How did this player get Diamond Camo on their smg? Looked at his combat record!

in reply to crossfire-roads

So how did he then get the diamond camo on his gun if he did not get gold camo in each gun within a class (such as smg class)?

Level 3

in reply to HeroesCOD

You have to unlock all the camos and reach weapon prestige 2 to unlock the gold calling card. Gold camo and gold calling cards are two seperate achievements.

You do have to get gold camo for each weapon in a class to get diamond, but the comparison you were making wasn't correct.

Level 7

in reply to msharpblue4d

I get it now...wow sorry guys.  Clearly the posts I have read on how to get the diamond camo were incorrect but now this all makes sense...thank you!

Level 3

in reply to HeroesCOD

No worries. Some people have been posting on the forums about having to master weapons in order to get diamond, but that is incorrect.

Level 7

Studios