How come when a host leaves a match it, more often than not, ends the entire match?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

How come when a host leaves a match it, more often than not, ends the entire match?

Really? There has to be at least a few other players in the match that can host. I mean if there are let's say 400,000 people playing at any given time that would mean of those 400k only 33,333 could be the host of the matches we are playing? Something is wrong with that picture.

Level 10
5 REPLIES

Re: How come when a host leaves a match it, more often than not, ends the entire match?

in reply to TexasVic74

Thats an easy answer.  I am host 95% of the time.  When I am host, my bullets do not register while I get insta killed the entire game.  I have 65Mbps download and 15Mbps upload with 8ms ping.  When Treyarch decides to bend me over with their terrible host algorithms, I merely hit the PSN button on the controller, click triangle on the account management and sign out of the PSN.  This way, the game abruptly ends instead of going through a migration.  If enough people keep doing it, then more threads and complaints will arise.  That is the problem when you use antiquated technology to host games instead of paying up for actual dedicated servers.  If you FORCE me to be host with no opt out, I will continue to do as I please with the connection I pay for.

Level 36
Highlighted

Re: How come when a host leaves a match it, more often than not, ends the entire match?

in reply to dedicatedserver

Okay, makes sense, to an extent. You would think they would have that figured by now and migrate to a new host regardless of how they leave the game.

Level 10

in reply to TexasVic74

How could they migrate if the server abruptly turns off?  Thats the beauty of it.  As long as the developers of COD continue to spout that dedicated servers wouldnt change anything or be beneficial, this will continue to happen and ruin games every year.  If there was an option to opt out as host, I would gladly do so.  They would never allow that option though because anyone with a good connection would opt out because of how poorly their product runs for the person burdened with hosting a lobby.  I think neither the current IW nor Treyarch have any clue on how to develop a properly run game.  In my opinion, COD has reached a plateau and I hope for an abrupt ending.  This is coming from a player who has played COD since 2003.  Dont even get me started on the underdevelopment of the PS3 version of COD.  Garbage, that is all.

Level 36

Thats an idea!

Same here, most of the time host and insta kills also. Proof is on the kill cams and i'm like WT...

If i could opt out i sureley would do so.

My sympathy....

Level 1

Thats an idea!

Same here, most of the time host and insta kills also. Proof is on the kill cams and i'm like what the ....

If i could opt out i sureley would do so.

My sympathy....

Level 1

Studios