How To Rank Up Fast In Black Ops 2! (Opinion)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: How To Rank Up Fast In Black Ops 2! (Opinion)

in reply to thatguy123211

I'm hoping they do like an update and make it in HC . I do think that is one of best game modes to rank up quick.

Level 19

in reply to fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR

Thanks for the info, I still need to try a HC mode :/

Level 6

Just play Nuketown, so small is hard to throw a nade randomly up int he air and not get a kill, let alone always find someone to shoot.

Level 1

Despite what people say, use some of the lower level scorestreaks, you get points for every kill your team gets while the UAV is up, plus you get points if someone kills an enemy you flashed/concussed. A good KD might help, but playing smart will help even more

Level 1

in reply to stryder_hazuki1

Yeah the guardian is very good for that!

Level 6

while in CTF make sure you are holding the flag and kill enemies with it in your posession.

Level 1

Based on what I've seen on You Tube & what limited games I've been able to play:

If you're good: Play kill Confirmed (ideally in Ground War) and reap tons of XP between your kills & picking up tags.

If you're so-so: Play Demolition.  You can rack up insane amounts of XP for successful plants/defuses in Demo, and detonating the bomb will get you up to a 5 scorestreak by itself.  Plus with no respawn timer you'll be able to get plenty of kills/assists, and really rack up points by spamming UAVs.

If you're not too good: Play HQ & hope you get on the "good" team.  This way even if you go massively negative & can't earn any UAVs for bonus points, you'll at least collect HQ points even while you're waiting to respawn.

Scorestreaks: You always want to run UAVs--that's 10 XP every time anyone on your team gets a kill while your UAV is in the air.  Coupling that with counter-UAV doubles your bonus, assuming you can earn them often enough to be worthwhile.  Orbital VSAT also gets you assist bonuses for every kill your team collects but is a high streak which many players won't be able to earn consistently.  The Swarm gets you tons of kills & XP with them, but is very difficult for most players to earn.  Lightning Streak is a good alternative for people who struggle to acheive the high streaks, as it will often net you 2-4 kills (50-100 XP if memory serves), or even a care package for a shot at a big killstreak (or two shots if you're running the engineer class).  One other thing you'll want to do is unlock the Hardline perk & equip it on all your classes as soon as you can; combine with the perk 1 greed wildcard if you want to hang on to Lightweight as well.

Playing solely on Nuketown 2025 probably isn't a good idea, as the type of game you get into matters more for XP earned than the map (and several of the new maps seem to play as small as Nuketown anyway).  You'll also want to take full advantage of Boot Camp to rank up to level 10 against mostly subpar players & a few bots (play during off-peak hours to increase the chances of having multiple bots in your game).

Level 26

in reply to Harv72

Thanks, I will run lower killstreaks now

Level 1

uav , care package and either lightning strike, sentry gun or defender and your fine lol.

care package is awesome as you can get anything in it.

ive gotten a few EMP, a few Orbital and even a vtol warship(bad ass).

with care package id use everything above lightning strike and gamble on my 2nd chance with anything lower.

Level 27

I've always played Domination to rank up as quickly as I can.

20+ kills, between 6-10 caps as many defends as possible sees me right.

Level 7

Studios