How Perks Should Be Done

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: How Perks Should Be Done

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra,

Sure, it would be excellent if we could pick any number of Perks that suit us. Equally it would be nice to be able to equip more. Better yet, allow us to unlock the use of an extra Perk with every Prestige. But that's not the game we've purchased. Treyarch and Infinity Ward decide how they want to adjust the Perk system.

I find it as frustrating as you that I can't equip every Perk I want. But I also think the Perk system is perfect in that none of us can get our perfect set-up either. There's always a trade off and it's a case of trying to get the best out of what's available.

I also believe the use of the Perk system in Black Ops 2 is the best in the franchise to date. I love that it's now possible to equip three attachments to guns. And perhaps if I adopted your attitude I'd love to be able to equip four!

I wish Chess allowed us to replace pawns with queens, and the king had the ability to go invisible, but that would be a different game, and I neither have the finance, the know-how, or (if I'm honest) the energy to bother to try and create my own version of an existing game.

If you're really that bothered, and you really care enough, get into modding games and create your perfect military shooter. Alternatively work your way into the video game industry, get a job at Treyarch or Infinity Ward, work your way through the ranks until you have the opportunity to make the changes you wish for in the game. Alternatively be happy that you've got a game to play that (I assume) you love.

Level 1

in reply to Ghamorra

I think perks are an unfortunate name for what they are. No matter how weak a perk is, it will always provide an advantage to you over someone who isn't using it.

Sure there is no class that can counter EVERYTHING, but everyone else is in the same boat...

If you don't like being chased down by lightweight/ex conditioning users, then use those perks too. It's up to you to decide if the two slots are worth it.

Level 7

in reply to SuspectOnFootPS

SuspectOnFootPS3 wrote:

If you don't like being chased down by lightweight/ex conditioning users, then use those perks too. It's up to you to decide if the two slots are worth it.

Its not that perks are unbeatable or that they can do what they do, its more about how you can beat someone not because of your individual skill but rather you're wearing Toughness and they're not.

These perks have a huge impact on a game and it shouldn't be that way

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Well if it's that big of a deal, then get better at aiming or use toughness yourself.

Level 7

You're completely missing the point

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

No I get it, but just about every perk gives you an advantage that can save you/help you kill even though you have less skill than someone who's not using that perk.

Level 7

SuspectOnFootPS3 wrote:

just about every perk gives you an advantage that can save you/help you kill even though you have less skill than someone who's not using that perk.

It shouldn't be that way. Perks should not dictate who wins and who loses, they have too much influence on the game removing the need for skill. I understand the purpose of each perk, but much rides on successfully picking out the right perk combo and less about how well you can aim or strategize an attack

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Like the simplifying of the perk list. Puts everyone on a more level playing field perk wise and leaves the big work for weapons attachments and skill of player. I might be biased as im very new to cod so simplifying takes options away from veterans which can only benefit the likes of me ie: those who stink like a turd covered in burnt hair.

Level 1

in reply to NEV1LLE_BART0S

NEV1LLE_BART0S wrote:

Like the simplifying of the perk list. Puts everyone on a more level playing field perk wise and leaves the big work for weapons attachments and skill of player. I might be biased as im very new to cod so simplifying takes options away from veterans which can only benefit the likes of me ie: those who stink like a turd covered in burnt hair.

How are we not on the same playing level now?

We all have access to the same perks, don't we?

I didn't realize you guys had access to perks that I didn't.

Simplifying the game doesn't make it easier for new players, but harder. Because now the exclusive difference between players is skill; something that veteran players will more than likely have over new players.

Think you've contradicted yourself

Level 18

in reply to Tick7

I mean i suck at the minute so im really greedy for perks to help me get kills as vets are a lot better at staying unseen and i definitely seem to have a big bird outfit or something on.

Level 1

Studios