Holy Mother effing inbox!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Holy Mother effing inbox!!!

I've noticed that a lot of my games have been experiencing frame rate drops out the wazzu. I went online and found a video explaining that your inbox is constantly being refreshed by your Playstation. Messages don't consume that much space individually, but if you're like me and completely forgot to delete your messages you could have close to a 1,000 chilling on your HDD. Imagine your PS3 loading 1,000 messages every so often

So actively clean out your inbox and if you notice the game running smoother post it here. I'm curious to see if anyone else is having MASSIVE improvements in system performance

Level 75
11 REPLIES

Re: Holy Mother effing inbox!!!

in reply to Ghamorra

Thanks G, I never knew that keeping messages could cause problems when gaming. I couldn't be bothered deleting messages so in my inbox I probably have couple of hundred messages but I'll make sure to clear out my inbox

Level 23

in reply to Ghamorra

Hmm i also seem to slow donw a lot whenever a friend goes offline or online

Level 17

in reply to Thembones1

Exactly there was a tip for bo1 to play the game with a friendless account and it really worked.Did try this also for Bo2 and Mw3, but with these titles it didn't make a noticeable difference.

Will try the empty inbox tonight.

Level 19

in reply to Ghamorra

Damn that makes sense. I don't even wanna guess how many messages I have...

Level 4

in reply to Ghamorra

i clean my inbox everytime and the connection still sucks.

according to pingtest.net my internet quality is A, my ping is 16,jitter 8ms and packetloss 0%.

Level 27

in reply to Ghamorra

Cant say it helps because my box is always empty from always deleting old messages and also useing game invites removes there selfs if you use them. I also tend to remove my sent messages also.

Level 8

in reply to greaTm

Lag and frame rate drops are completely different. Deleting your inbox shouldn't do too terribly much with your connection if anything at all. Some of us though (and I'm not saying you aren't) are experiencing massive frame rate drops when playing. The other day I was playing and instead of 32fps which I believe CoD plays, I was playing at no more than 8fps. You could see people skipping, heavy pixelation, and tons of other visually disturbing issues. Deleting my inbox seems to have smoothed most of that over

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

nice tip, I delete inbox and sent messages daily

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

lets see last time i cleaned out my inbox was about four months ago.... oh crap this is gonna take a while.....

Level 4

Studios