Hardened pack + season pass, kinda a rip off?!

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Hardened pack + season pass, kinda a rip off?!

in reply to KingKenchan266

KingKenchan266 wrote:

your missing the point that the seasons pass comes with the map and I already have the map so thus forth im not going to get what I payed for with the season pass!!

The rest of the DLC? It's not like the first DLC is going to solely be the Nuketown map, and although you feel robbed if you will, you weren't forced to buy the Season Pass. Many that I know of didn't buy it because you're only paying $10 more and the Season Pass people aren't getting any real benefit like earlier DLC...

So, tough luck? I'm sure you've bought things in the past and didn't use up all of it's contents, or purchased something like and Apple, Orange and Banana, but to get the Raspberries and Strawberries you ended up with another Apple, but bought it anyway...Right? Don't say you haven't.

Level 1

in reply to vTcGoose

actually I havent. Im not that meterialistic. If i dont enjoy something or feel that im not going to use something I dont get it. I dnt eat apples or rasps,and I buy what i eat at the time i eat it,.. I dont get what I dnt use or cant sell if I dont like my purchase.i really dnt even spend much money. i came up very poor from a strugling family of 4 kids and am VERY GREATFUL for what I have now that i got ALL of which on my own with no help from my family and no job. ive made my own way in life and have a decent life now and own my house(not renting). so sorry there. and i dont usualy even complain about things but i feel that this is worth mentioning.
sorry about the life story but just thought you should know a little of where I come from. but I do get where your coming from so thanx for the opinion Goose!

Level 1

in reply to vTcGoose

The problem here is that in BOPS1 the hardened edition came with "exclusive" content that was not made available until almost 9 months later.  The precedent had been set, so it's ok that the HE purchasers are a little ticked.  Let's face it, the vast majority of the value of the $20 premium price was the Nuketown Zombies map.  The other crap (coins and such) are irrelevant...but let's give them a value of $5.  So lo and behold you have a DLC map that has approximatly $15 of value...that is now being given for free to all season pass holders.

Bottom line is that HE buyers paid $15 for Nuketown Zombies and Season Pass holders will get it for free.  It's a bum deal.

Level 1

thank you!!!!!!! also not to mention that the soundtrack is actually "FREE"!!

Level 1

We (I bought it also) still got everything else the HE came with, just consider the map an early release perk (a beta test if you will) and move along.

Level 4

yer im really annoyed as well I paid more for the HE and got nothing for it apart from a couple of coins and a box for the game that I dont even care about. I mean the HE for MW3 came with call of duty  elite which was basically the same thing as the season pass. so that led me to think I was going to get it with black ops 2 and if not they could of made it clearer when preordering it. I think if you have the HE they should give you some money off the season pass atleast

Level 1

I agree. This is nickel and diming to an absurd level. The title is $60. If Treyarch and Activision want to explore episodic multiplayer that's fine, but it should not cost $60 for the base game. I thought my $60 was buying Nuketown 2025. Evidently I was wrong. I will not let this rest.

Level 1

I know!!!!! This is crazy, I paid $94 for HE (including shipping) and know I have to pay $14 to ship it back just to get the normal game at Costco and get the seasons pass. also $94 (no shipping) $14 for all the DLC including the two Nuketown maps. I seriously hate Actvision right now.

I want to be for the extra shipping costs, although I know that in the fine print there will be something that will say I cannot be compensated.

Level 1

I'm pissed

Level 1

That's because you were over zealous and wasted money. You should have saw what Treyarch was gonna do for those who don't wanna waste that kind of money, like myself. I'd rather just get the Season Pass and be happy with that.

case in point here is, don't be zealous and think you're doing something and having an advantage over other people when in actuality you know everyone is gonna have it eventually anyway.

Level 2

Studios