Hard Wired - The red headed step child of Perks?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Hard Wired - The red headed step child of Perks?

Does the Hard Wired perk get any love from you? 

I have 10 classes set up with EMP grenades on most of them and I run C-UAV as a scorestreak.  It seems very apparent that many others I play against are using a similar set up. 

I find it useful to have a few classes that counter the main classes I usually run.

So, as soon as, it's unlocked each prestige, I set up a counter class or two with Hard Wired.  Sure, there are instances where it can be a complete waste of a pick if no ones running EMPs and C-UAV.  For that reason, I won't begin a match with that class set-up.  But, it's there if needed.  Lately, I can't go more than a game or two without using that class set-up. 

I play Core KC, so maybe it's more useful in that mode than others?  Does anyone one else always have a Hard Wired class set-up?  Do you usually set-up class(es) that best counter your most used set-ups?

Level 8
16 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Hard Wired - The red headed step child of Perks?

in reply to STEELERPRIDE7

Yes, I often have one class set up with Hard Wired. The main reason I do it is for the XP I get for progressing through the Hard Wired challenges. I don't play a lot of KC, but I can see how this perk would be helpful.

Level 21

i never use hard wired
there are much more useful options for me

scavenger takes #1 priority, toughness is #2
perk 1 greed, perk 3 greed, and primary gunfighter are much more rewarding wildcards

my class setups are just whatever i want to use, the only class i would consider a "counter" class is an anti-air support class that i almost never use

Level 8

in reply to PerkyNipzz

Yeah, I make one of my Hard Wired classes an anti-aircraft one too. 

Don't really care about the HUD then?

Level 8

i do, it's just that i feel that things that i get more consistent uses out of are more worth it.

for instance, flak jacket protects against ALL explosions. tactical mask protects against multiple tacticals. ammo from scavenger is a godsend, especially when combined with primary gunfighter.

for hard wired, i find that it has very limited use. i have to be in a spot where somebody is throwing emp grenades. which isn't rare, but not as consistently as everything else. or somebody can throw out a counter uav. not rare, but the majority of the time, it gets shot down fairly quick. doesn't really warrant using the perk. and then there's emp systems. people that play against me usually don't get high streaks, and if they do, it's not guaranteed that they're even using emp. i would say most people don't. they can get a lucky care package or my team can just feed them kills without me finding them, but those are rare situations. just doesn't really feel worth it to me.

Level 8

in reply to PerkyNipzz

Never been in the situation where I had Hard Wired on and someone used an EMP system.  I wonder if your equipment is protected then or if it's just HUD and ability to still call in scorestreaks? 

Level 8

in reply to PerkyNipzz

i'd agree with you on this, I have been running this perk just to complete the challenge for it.  I have never been emp'd whilst using it, and like you say the CUAV 's get shot down pretty quickly.  It seems to be taking me an age to get the amount of kills i need while those 2 socrestreaks are active! lol

Level 4

nope... I play HC

Activision Ambassador

Quite often if you play hardpoint there is a lot of EMP spamming, so I have a class made up with hardwired swapped in for tac mask which I would use otherwise

Level 4

i never use ghost/assassin perks in any cod game because i always found better perks in the tier they were in but ghost should have been combined with hardwired as one perk in the begining. the only thing that made ghost bad in the past was the fact it kept people hiding a corner completely hidden and it included a no red name/no red crosshair part. since that part was fixed in black ops 2, most of us wouldnt care about them having radar immunity to counter uav and emp scorestreaks.

Level 15

Studios