Hands up who bought Hardened Edition but hasn't been able to make CE camo stay on a weapon between gaming sessions?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Hands up who bought Hardened Edition but hasn't been able to make CE camo stay on a weapon between gaming sessions?

Please can as many of you ONLY with Hardened Edition comment here, just to speed the process along.

I'd also be grateful is CODBlackIce, JeepChick and FoxHound or any of the devs such as CutPurse can please forward this info.

This glitch, anomaly or error has been in place since the first 2 weeks of BOII. CE camo was one of the enticements for consumers when deciding whether or not to buy Hardened  Edition.

It looks pretty bad that no-one at Treyarch has commented on this problem or fixed it, not because it is game destroying but because it is such a minor thing and could probably be fixed so easily that by not fixing it (or commenting on it) it shows a total disregard or care.

The problem:

CE camo (the limited edition black and orange camo) that came with the Hardened Edition must be re-selected after each gaming session (if you shutdown, leave BOII or leave multiplayer) for all weapons you wish to use it on, it does not stay there, unlike all the other in-game camos (which includes the Elite Member camo).

Respond here if you bought HE and have this problem.

Level 34
10 REPLIES

Re: Hands up who bought Hardened Edition but hasn't been able to make CE camo stay on a weapon between gaming sessions?

in reply to RobbieRocket

I have it. However its not every single game. Its more every few games.

It does annoy me. However I don't like this game so I can't say it bothers me all that much. However the problem has been around for a long time. I'm sure the developers have it in their 10 year plan.....

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

Re: Hands up who bought Hardened Edition but hasn't been able to make CE camo stay on a weapon between gaming sessions?

in reply to Scotland-Rules

Thanks for responding.

I never meant that it de-selects every game, it actually happens when you leave multiplayer or shut you PS3 down, so that's what I meant be "every gaming session" and obviously what you mean by "every few games".

Level 34

in reply to RobbieRocket

yeah that's exactly that.

It also happens every few games, in which I mean I'll play say 5 games of HC S&D and then suddenly it will de-select it.

It also happens when I shut down my PS3 and then go back on it.

Its a problem that I sure the devs will sort out. Mind you, I'd rather have many other issues solved first. However like you did say, its minor and wouldn't take a lot of the devs time to fix.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

if they find time for it

Level 24

in reply to RobbieRocket

me

Level 59

in reply to RobbieRocket

i dont have it but how do i put my hand up on this forum

Level 24

in reply to iEXTERMINATED

You just did. It's a metaphor, in this case for making yourself noticed.

Level 34

in reply to RobbieRocket

For me it has to be re-applied after each session and always shows as "NEW". Launch day pickup of HE FWIW.

In all honesty though, its not that big of a deal to hit two butons to get it back and I can't see this being  anywhere near the top of the current fix list.

Level 22

in reply to Doc_SoCal

I just find it annoying to have to reselect it every time I try and play.

Level 1

Studios