Gold Camo

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Gold Camo

Okay. .. So, after many painstaking, mind-numbing hours of effort (I can only hope I had some fun somewhere along the way), I was able to gold-camo for 5 out of the 6 SMGs.

MP7, PDW, MSMC, Vector K10 & Chicom CQB.

IMO - gold-ing the SMGs are difficult (especially 150 kills with no perks) - but it's still possible for average (or bad) players (like myself).

I can't imagine getting gold-camo for a Sniper - unless I end up quick-scoping - which I'm not a fan of. And imagine running a load-out with no perks & an LMG - every time the enemy calls a Stealth Chopper - you have no choice but to take it down and/or get killed (sometimes get killed even while you're trying to take it down).

Compared to MW3, I think getting a gold on the tougher guns in BO2 is difficult. I could get gold for ALL my ARs on MW3 - but I'm not even trying it on BO2.

Opinions?

EDIT: Update on Jan 23 2013:

I got diamond for SMGs, ARs & Snipers. The thoughts I've shared above are from Dec 2012.

EDIT: Update on Jan 28 2013:

I was reading what I posted above - and I have no choice but to correct my earlier statements. Just over this 2XP week-end I got Remington & KSG starting from zero - to "Gold" camo - and I'm working on S12. With some more time, effort & patience - it appears that I will have my Shotguns diamond too. I also got my MK 48 Gold & I'm working on LSAT.

If anything getting guns to Gold-camo on BO2 is actually far more satisfying than in MW3 (if nothing - at least for the fact that the camo won't reset each time you prestige).

MN

Level 11
42 REPLIES

Re: Gold Camo

in reply to mn7_la1

the launchers are probably the easiest.  I did the mtar first then the stinger, rpg and mp7.  the challenges make it more interesting for awhile until you get annoyed with some of them.  I think it is much more rewarding in BO2 than MW3.  IMO MW3 seemed a little too easy.  Just my opinion.

Level 1

in reply to XxLudakxX

I think Kills-wise - both MW3 & BO2 are pretty close. At least a 1000 kills for any SMG or AR is required - both on MW3 & BO2 (except in BO2, you need to get those 150 kills without perks, attachments).

I don't remember MW3 having any weightage to headshots in order to gold - may be it did, but nothing so clearly obvious.

MN

Level 11

in reply to mn7_la1

at least you do not lose it every time u prestige i thiunk i love that part cuss in mw3 every time i got 3 or 4 gold camos i had to prestige

Level 3

in reply to mn7_la1

I'm the opposite, I have a Gold DSR 50.

No quick scoping.

Don't care for Smg's. Next favorite is a tac 45 and then the Scar AR.

Level 9

in reply to mn7_la1

I'm not a big fan of the headshot requirement on most weapons; it forces you to either change your playing style (and probably hurt your team) while focusing on getting just headshots, or wait forever for them to come naturally.  I'm not sure what better options would be for the SMGs and ARs, but I think headshots would be better on Snipers and double kills or penetration kills would be much more fitting for LMGs.

Not too worried about having to rack up the kills without perks or attachments on any of them.

Level 26

in reply to Harv72

I could be wrong - but I think on the Snipers it's not a headshot requirement. I believe it's a one-shot-one-kill that moves you along for a Sniper Gold camo.

MN

Level 11

in reply to mn7_la1

That's what I'm saying; I think a headshot requirement for Snipers makes a lot more sense than the one-shot kill challenge.

Level 26

in reply to mn7_la1

Like you, I have been grinding away at the Camo and in my case, Mastery of weapons.

Here is a thought for your primary weapons; Since you need to get kills with both primary weapons (in one life) for the Challenges/ Prestige/ Wildcard/ Overkill  reward, equip a second primary weapon and switch between them as needed. I have been doing the "no accessories" and "no perks" requirements at the same time... to get the pain over with all in one shot.

Level 6

in reply to IronShadow

I have read in these forum-discussions, the idea of getting 150 kills without perks & without attachments. The Overkill suggestion, to me, is new.

What weapons do you play together - an SMG & an AR? I have one load-out with a Sniper & an SMG - I used it for my SMG without attachment kills on large maps (like Turbine).

MN

Level 11

Studios